Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Delivery time on a custom ordered boat

Chrismoe

Hello all,

I am seriously considering ordering a boat but am concerned about build times from Malibu. According to my dealer, who I consider to be a great dealership, Malibu has told their dealers to NOT provide even an estimated delivery date. And with Malibu shutting down for a few weeks over Christmas my concerns increase. What I would be ordering is a 23 LSV pretty loaded up.

What are you all hearing? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

This is consistent with what I've heard.  However, I've been told 2 slightly different stories from 2 different dealers here in MI.  

That said, I did place an order and hope to receive my boat in May. 

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

This is consistent with what I've heard.  However, I've been told 2 slightly different stories from 2 different dealers here in MI.  

That said, I did place an order and hope to receive my boat in May. 

Hi Slayer,

When did you order your boat?

Chris

19 minutes ago, Chrismoe said:

Hi Slayer,

When did you order your boat?

Chris

1 week ago today.  I just got word that the order was confirmed by Malibu, but I don't yet have a spray date.  The dealer is telling me they're expecting a March spray date.  

2 hours ago, Slayer said:

1 week ago today.  I just got word that the order was confirmed by Malibu, but I don't yet have a spray date.  The dealer is telling me they're expecting a March spray date.  

TY Slayer,

Chris

Same here. Placed my order last week and was told a March spray date. My dealer also shared a doc that showed all orders that take advantage of the YESE must spray no later than 3/31/2021. 

6 hours ago, Chrismoe said:

Hello all,

I am seriously considering ordering a boat but am concerned about build times from Malibu. According to my dealer, who I consider to be a great dealership, Malibu has told their dealers to NOT provide even an estimated delivery date.

I suspect they have a pretty good idea on build times, but can't control supply-chain interruptions if they occur, so they don't want to commit.  In any event, if you want a boat in spring, your chances are better getting your order in now, than hoping there's a floor model to buy then.  I am generally hearing that industry wide there are not going to be many floor models sitting around next spring.  

Buy the ticket, take the ride.  :)    

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@Sparky450 you are correct, it depends on the dealer and their available build slots.  If one dealer has a build for a shop boat filled and they have a customer place a custom order, they CAN likely move that custom order into that shop boat spot.  

• Like 2

Put in my custom order for a 23 LSV and got my boat in less than 4 weeks!! Some other dealers were telling me 5 months, so it definitely depends on your dealers available build slots.

ahopkins22LSV
9 hours ago, HkySk8r187 said:

Put in my custom order for a 23 LSV and got my boat in less than 4 weeks!! Some other dealers were telling me 5 months, so it definitely depends on your dealers available build slots.

That is insanely fast regardless of the year!

• Like 3