Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

diamond hull or not

32off

Hello Fellow Members,

I am back trying to confirm diamond hull or not status of a used boat. Malibu won't take calls and when they do, they only discuss new boats. 

I am looking at a 2003 - 21 Wakesetter vlx. It looks to have the diamond hull but I am not sure.   Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for the help.  I am still looking for the best v drive for short line slalom skiing...

Steve

Your dealer should be able to run the Hull ID and tell you.  In 2003, a Wakesetter VLX would have come on the wake hull by default, but the Diamond was an option.  Do you have photos of the boat?  You can tell pretty easily if it's a diamond hull by looking at the outer chines.

I think most of the VLXs had the diamond hull. At least everyone I have looked at. On those boats the downturn is pretty pronounced.  

if you post a pic, we can take a look. 

correction... most of the VLXs are the wake hull, I’ve looked (only in the webs) at several and had them send pics of the hull and all have been wake. I’d say it’s pretty slim. 

for comparison, I am 99.9% sure this is a wake hull. 

718F0B3A-51F0-48EA-AE10-0F13F801E216.jpeg

Edited by rakr
I’m a dummy...