Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T23 Vs. A24 surf wave comparison

cf250

A24. Better hurry if you’re buying new. Our dealer told me yesterday when we had our boat winterized that they are completely sold out of ‘21 build slots. If there were a boat show (cancelled), they wouldn’t have anything to sell. Crazy. 

Edited by formerathlete
15 hours ago, formerathlete said:

A24. Better hurry if you’re buying new. Our dealer told me yesterday when we had our boat winterized that they are completely sold out of ‘21 build slots. If there were a boat show (cancelled), they wouldn’t have anything to sell. Crazy. 

is that dealer specific I assume? other dealers still have build slots correct?

2 hours ago, smuurph84 said:

is that dealer specific I assume? other dealers still have build slots correct?

It’s going to vary by dealer but you’ll find many are very close to saying the same thing. Which is consistent with what was discussed on the MBUU earnings call Friday, where Jack mentioned visiting a dealer in one of their largest markets last week. That dealer’s October sales were up 150% over their prior year October sales. I know my own dealer had the same experience last month, across all of his brands.

In reality, there are slots available but the dealer has to build for their own inventory so that they’re not sold out by June. To get one of those though, it’s going to cost you more $ since their summer walk-in sales to new boaters are where they make great margins. And they sell a lot of boats during the summer, even pre-Covid.

18 minutes ago, KPWA said:

Did anyone actually answer this?  I have heard from my dealer that its better, but by how much? Pictures or videos?

I've been on each and preferred the T23 wave but it was dialed in, where the A24 was not. General consensus is the A24 has the better surf wave, mostly just due to the extra displacement of the bigger boat. That said, a 25 LSV straight out of the box will blow the A24 wave away, if you're open to a higher price point. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/7/2020 at 12:06 PM, cf250 said:

Hey new to the forum, plan on getting a boat this spring. Want the best surf wave possible. Looking at an A24 or T23 how do the surf waves compare?

Did you end up ordering?