Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shipping Companies?


Recommended Posts

We are looking at getting a replacement Malibu and have found one we are interested in but its in NH and we are in CA. Any good experiences with shipping companies if we are able to put something together?

Link to post
1 hour ago, jjackkrash said:

Wow.  A buck a mile is very cheap; was it loaded on a truck with other boats?  That would barely cover diesel for a hot shotter towing the boat. 

It was towed. Ya, his margin seemed small. 

Link to post
8 hours ago, teamerickson said:

I just used Uship to ship a boat from NY state to CA. VERY HAPPY! Don’t just go by price, check the reviews and ask questions. Mine ended up being about $1 a mile which seemed pretty cheap. 

how was it after getting towed 3000 miles?

Edited by Greg_S
Link to post
2 hours ago, teamerickson said:

Not bad! Really surprised!

 

E1F60BB1-547F-4DAB-B039-E0DA920E2585.jpeg

not what I was expecting, looks like it would work well.  Curious if you went and saw it, had a dealer inspect it, how did you handle the funds transfer?

Link to post

I’ve used uship. Had one issue with a guy who had a trailer that wasn’t even close to being big enough but sent him away and the second guy was great. 
 

Also have heard good things about these guys. For how professional they are they’re very reasonably priced.

https://outlawboattransport.com

Edited by Cole2001
Link to post
  • 1 month later...

I just listed mine on Uship this morning.  We'll see what sort of quotes come back.   Good to know some of the quotes you guys are getting.  "teamerickson's" boat doesn't look to bad after that haul!  

  • Like 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, german88 said:

I just listed mine on Uship this morning.  We'll see what sort of quotes come back.   Good to know some of the quotes you guys are getting.  "teamerickson's" boat doesn't look to bad after that haul!  

mine just got delivered today. MKevin1211 was my driver. $4,350.00 for 3050 miles and he used a flatbed carrier and not off the bumper.  I'm happy with the service.

Link to post

I've received several quotes.  Surprised by how many are from "New Service Providers"  and 0 feedback ratings.  Should I be concerned using anyone without a rating?

Link to post
22 minutes ago, german88 said:

I've received several quotes.  Surprised by how many are from "New Service Providers"  and 0 feedback ratings.  Should I be concerned using anyone without a rating?

I would only use a supplier that I could trust.  IME, there is a difference.

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2020 at 9:59 AM, Greg_S said:

We are looking at getting a replacement Malibu and have found one we are interested in but its in NH and we are in CA. Any good experiences with shipping companies if we are able to put something together?

@Greg_S  I'm from NH, if I can help in anyway please let me know. Is it a private sale or from a dealer?  

Link to post
3 hours ago, JMaddogT said:

@Greg_S  I'm from NH, if I can help in anyway please let me know. Is it a private sale or from a dealer?  

JM - we already made the purchase and shipped it. Thanks for the offer!

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...