Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My inboard is smoking white from the back as is runs and more smoke as I give it gas

Dotdashdolla

I changed the fuel pump and the hydro cooler to the stealing assist . It was the first time Ive seen smoke coming from the back .. is my motor blown or is it just water vapor .. soon as I saw it I shut the motor off . Someone please advise me 

What does the smoke look like and smell like? Blueish white and stays in the air and smells like oil then it’s oil smoke. White and disappears quickly into nothing and has no smell probable water. If it’s black and may smell of gas then it’s running bad rich And gas loading up. 

5 hours ago, wdr said:

Bad plug wire(s) will get you white smoke which will linger for a while and smells like an odd gas smell. Had that issue on my '19.

@wdrTell me more about this. What engine, hrs etc...

My boat is at the dealer right now for white smoke.

See this post

2019, M5 at 16 hours brand new. I always thought it was kind of a dog, but you baby it right of the box. After calling Malibu directly because they couldn't diagnose it at the dealer it turned out to be 2 bad plug wires on cylinders #7 and #8. Not a problem since. It looked like an old 2 stroke O/B when it was acting up. The new DI engines can pump some unburnt fuel too!