Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 PNP system / weight of bags

Diotax

Hi every body !

1) 

i am so enjoye to have now a 2014 LSV 23.

I have the PNP option  and I'm looking for a drawing that explains the circulation of water.     I only found creation but not the original one    ...  if anyone has  ?2)

2) i want a biiiig wake for wakeboarding ( not surfing)

I saw a lot of bags of 750lbs,  800 lbs. I also know that we have to load the front. But I mainly wakeboard .   I'm afraid it will be too much  . Someone ride a wakeboard with 2 x 750lbs  at the back   ?  and if yes how many  do you put at the front?  ( motor 409)

Thx a lot for your reponse

Xav

1 hour ago, dwc032 said:

I had 750s on my 2013 and I had the Monsoon 350. I couldn’t get to wakeboard speed with full hard tanks and bags. 

Do you already have the PP bags plumbed?  

Same here with my 2013 with the most aggressive prop. But in either 2014 or 2015 they changed the gearing in the transferase which makes a huge difference. One reason I'm really tempted to upgrade. the 350 engine should never have been availble for a 2013 or they needed to deal with the gearing. I could move one person in my boat and it would make all the difference in getting up to speed or not. Its crazy. 

I have a 900 and 1000lb bags in the lockers. Maybe only fill them quarter of the way when wakeboarding at most. Also have the wedge down and MLS full. 300lbs of extra ballast up front depending who's in the boat. For surfing with this setup I have to have extra ballast up front no matter what

On 11/4/2020 at 10:23 PM, dwc032 said:

I had 750s on my 2013 and I had the Monsoon 350. I couldn’t get to wakeboard speed with full hard tanks and bags. 

Do you already have the PP bags plumbed?  

ok that is what i thought....    not yet,  i looking for some reponse  before to buy .... 

Should be 3. Fill, Drain and Vent. The plug and play (pnp) in my boat has 3 connections. I have a 650 bag on top of the regular ballast. The way mine is set up, it fills regular ballast then the pnp, then the overflow. My pnp does not have its own pump. It fills on top and has 2 connections to ballast tank below. My pnp does not have a vent. 

5 hours ago, Diotax said:

Thank you Ballay but i can see 3 tubes for the bag in my boat .. ( not 2)

You have to take the plastics pieces that are screwed down in the front and rear off of the hard tanks off. When you take those covers off the hard tanks you will see that the hard tanks are capped with a large black plug unscrew that and then screw your fittings in and then add your tubing. 

Here is a pic of mine and another forum members set up. The one pic has the three tubes hooked up to the starboard thru-hole barbed fittings. Left to right as you look at pic. Vent, drain and bilge. Take the vent hose off and t into it with your auto vent tubing. Then hook up front and rear drain and fill tubes. PM me and I will send you more info if you don’t get it  F8C7508C-42C4-4312-B5AC-D9C2358D02B7.jpeg.b9430a841d257e1f4637ac6d72373c83.jpeg

BCA2E425-A792-433F-A344-82155E4EB3C2.jpeg

73C50A89-901D-45B1-8C3E-0F0A54BBBCA9.jpeg

Edited by dwc032

ok thank you  veru much ..

just an other think 

i m frensh and i am actualy confined , and my boat is in boathouse and i can't see it. 

The  the registration service asks me the builder plate . someone can give me a picture of this please  ?    (malibu lsv 23  2014)

48 minutes ago, Diotax said:

ok thank you  veru much ..

just an other think 

i m frensh and i am actualy confined , and my boat is in boathouse and i can't see it. 

The  the registration service asks me the builder plate . someone can give me a picture of this please  ?    (malibu lsv 23  2014)

Builder plate?  The HIN #? That is the # on the right side of the boat above the swim deck. 

I have 1100's in rear. I wake board with them almost full and a custom ballast in front almost full (1100 lbs). I leave center tank empty and wedge fully deployed. 2010 LSV 23 with 350 and 2277 prop at sea level.

Buy the biggest that will fit and never look back. You can always underfill for less weight.

Edited by kerpluxal
2 hours ago, dwc032 said:

Builder plate?  The HIN #? That is the # on the right side of the boat above the swim deck. 

yes i hope that is just that ...      because I know I have it. (#number) But I was wondering if it wasn't something else   

I can see on internet something like that but i think i haven' got this   :  

1nz5wjgcfcj7zyj714wdh56qf.jpg  (not mind)

Do you have this plate ????    sorry for my english....

Edited by Diotax
29 minutes ago, kerpluxal said:

I have 1100's in rear. I wake board with them almost full and a custom ballast in front almost full (1100 lbs). I leave center tank empty and wedge fully deployed. 2010 LSV 23 with 350 and 2277 prop at sea level.

Buy the biggest that will fit and never look back. You can always underfill for less weight.

2200  Lbs   + tank factory ?  with 350 in a speed for wakeboarding ?    :notworthy: 

4 hours ago, Diotax said:

2200  Lbs   + tank factory ?  with 350 in a speed for wakeboarding ?    :notworthy: 

Uh seriously doubt it. Mine was a 2013 with the 350 and there was no way it was getting to wakeboard speeds with full ballast and PNP. 

7 hours ago, dwc032 said:

Uh seriously doubt it. Mine was a 2013 with the 350 and there was no way it was getting to wakeboard speeds with full ballast and PNP. 

i think too, thats why i m aske

13 hours ago, dwc032 said:

it will with a 2419 or oj945

I would grab the biggest bags you can find, you can always under fill them.  I have a 1235 and a 2419.  The 1235 is ok for everything.  2419 is better for surfing.  I think there's a better prop choice somewhere in the middle but both are solid for what they do.  Welcome to the club.  2014s are a great vintage.

On 11/6/2020 at 5:23 PM, Diotax said:

yes I do, have the 2249 prop and at sea level. I know the 1100's do not completely fill due to compartment size, most have found that it is ~910lbs. 

Wakeboarding:

Rears full 910 * 2 plus 250* 2 = 2320 in rear

Front 800 - 1000 lbs (custom front bag that will hold 1100 no tanks)

Wedge Fully deployed.

Surfing Same as above

Add 650 on surfside under coffin seats and 500 in center tank. depending on crew size is wedge location.