Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

383 Hammerhead Oil Filter Relocation

I’ve owned my 2009 VTX with the 383 Hammerhead since 2014 and each year I change the oil, I’m tell myself I’m going to buy Bakes Oil Filter Kit to relocate it to an easier spot.  I can get the filter off relatively easy, however getting it back on is a SOB.  Finally pulled the trigger today.  Has anyone else done this mod?  Any suggestions/feedback?  The Hammerhead is squeezed into the small VTX motor box and not much room to work on the underside.  Hoping this saves my bloodied forearms and knuckles in the future...  Thanks!

https://www.bakesonline.com/indmar-remote-oil-filter-kit-383-hammerhead.html

It's probably my favorite mod I've done on my boat...at least it certainly feels that way come winterization time.  I installed a different model, but basically the same.

Edited by formulaben
1 hour ago, formulaben said:

It's probably my favorite mod I've done on my boat...at least it certainly feels that way come winterization time.  I installed a different model, but basically the same.

Did you use an automotive one?