Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 T22 vs 2019 A22 wakeboard wake

scrupulous

Apologies if this is out there, I swear I have searched and was surprised I hadn't seen anything.   From what I have read, the most current T22 hull was redesigned for 2018 and the A22 hull was 2019 correct?   We wakeboard 80% of the time, surf maybe 20%.   I have ridden behind both however the T22 wasn't really dialed in when I rode behind it.  The A22 I road behind had PW3 and plug in plays with 750's in the back, a 440 in the nose and another ~250lbs of lead in the nose.   The wakeboard wake was phenomenal.   Is there a big difference between the (2) wake profiles?   Can you get as much weight in the bow of the T22?   I could see the traditional bow shape limiting what you could run up there.    Thanks in advance. 

Edited by scrupulous

Just checking back in, do I have the years right?   2018 for the T22 hull design and 2019 for the A22?    I did read that the T22 hull "could" run slightly more lip than that A22 for the wakeboard wake.  

Yes, I’m almost positive that 2018 was the T22 refresh and yes, 2019 was the A22 refresh. As for what can fit in bow and difference in wake, I don’t know. I know both are frequently fitted with the Wakemakers 440lb bag. FatSac site also says their 525lb bow bag is designed for both A22 and T22. 

FWIW, my dealer did tell me the difference in wakes (for 2019 MY) is negligible.