Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine hours

My 07 VTX hour meter reads 830 hours but I know approx 50 hours are because we left the key in ON/RUN Pposition overnight.  Would the computer read the same or would it read 780 hrs?

I think you can get a print out with the total number of hours broken down by rpm, so worst case it would show more hours at idle, although I am not sure how you get 50 extra hours overnight.

1 hour ago, Bozboat said:

I think you can get a print out with the total number of hours broken down by rpm, so worst case it would show more hours at idle, although I am not sure how you get 50 extra hours overnight.

Must have been a long night 😂

• Like 1

All factory installed gauges.  I just assumed hour meter ran when key was in RUN position because dash gauges were all on. Maybe I was wrong. I will check. Not a long night.  I/son have left key on 3-4 times when working on boat in driveway or on lift and forgot to turn off when finished.

When we purchased our 2004 VLX I took it to TNT Watersports in Hendersonville, TN for service. TNT reported the actual running hours were approximately 40 less than indicated. The report also showed total time ran at different RPM ranges. Discrepancy was due to the fact that the ignition key had to be in the on position in order to operate the stereo. I had TNT rewire the sound system power supply in order to be resolve that issue. The hours will still accumulate any time the ignition is in the on position. 

Edited by Murphys
Added text
1 hour ago, bscheper said:

.......... Not a long night.  I/son have left key on 3-4 times when working on boat in driveway or on lift and forgot to turn off when finished.

I understand completely.

Edited by Bozboat

In my owner's manual for 2005 response it says hours only accumulate above 300 rpm.  Even if malibu put a different computer in the 07 I would think they wouldn't go backwards in technology.

8 hours ago, bscheper said:

All factory installed gauges.  I just assumed hour meter ran when key was in RUN position because dash gauges were all on. Maybe I was wrong. I will check. Not a long night.  I/son have left key on 3-4 times when working on boat in driveway or on lift and forgot to turn off when finished.

by the way, that ruins batteries, ask me how i know 🤓

On 10/28/2020 at 7:30 AM, Murphys said:

When we purchased our 2004 VLX I took it to TNT Watersports in Hendersonville, TN for service. TNT reported the actual running hours were approximately 40 less than indicated. The report also showed total time ran at different RPM ranges. Discrepancy was due to the fact that the ignition key had to be in the on position in order to operate the stereo. I had TNT rewire the sound system power supply in order to be resolve that issue. The hours will still accumulate any time the ignition is in the on position. 

This is exactly right, I bought the DIACOM software and he broke down all the hours based on RPM. I lined up with the hour meter when I compared it. 

I have almost 2000 hours on my 2010 VLX BTW.....

• Like 2