Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 VLX 22ft Wakesetter

Hello, I have a 2017 VLX. Having problems with my power button and start button not powering up. I was sitting in idle in the middle of the lake, could not get the boat to start. Had to call for a tow back to the marina, thank goodness for towing coverage. It is not a problem with my batteries or cable. any advise would be helpful. Thanks

We had that happen - just turn the batteries off, let it sit for a minute or so, then turn the batteries on and power everything back up.  Should work.

ahopkins22LSV

The power button itself could be going bad. 

I know you said its not a problem with your batteries or cables, but I’d double check all connections and the battery switch. Those can go bad too. 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Sodhog55 said:

It is not a problem with my batteries or cable.

Remove them, clean and reinstall.  While you can see the outside of a terminal connector, you can't see any hidden corrosion between the contacts.

16 hours ago, gahvey said:

We had that happen - just turn the batteries off, let it sit for a minute or so, then turn the batteries on and power everything back up.  Should work.

I tried shutting down the batteries, let it sit for about 10 minutes, still nothing happened. Thanks

7 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

The power button itself could be going bad. 

I know you said its not a problem with your batteries or cables, but I’d double check all connections and the battery switch. Those can go bad too. 

I checked all my connections, still nothing. thanks. probably going into a Malibu shop whenever i can get an appointment

1 hour ago, formulaben said:

Remove them, clean and reinstall.  While you can see the outside of a terminal connector, you can't see any hidden corrosion between the contacts.

I removed all my battery connections, cleaned them, still nothing.