Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

m220 - My impressions...

geogilbert

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 1:43 PM, Five Cent Worth said:

That was super easy for us to figure out.  Everyone's sandals go there!

Actual dollars drive our budget vs percentages.  ~155k for a M220 vs ~175k for a X22 is what I am seeing.  Big numbers for a 22' boat.

Must be a heck of an X22 spec you are looking at. Average selling price on the 6 or 7 I have sold this last year was about $145k.

One of them was loaded up and had a 7.4l, and was pushing $165 though. 

I am surprised the M220 and X22 are so close in price, but that seems to be what I have seen as well. Oddly, the M240 seems to be substantially more than a X24. (Selling price on X24 is only about $8,000 more than the X22. Not much gap between them.)

Edited by TenTwentyOne
2 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

Must be a heck of an X22 spec you are looking at. Average selling price on the 6 or 7 I have sold this last year was about $145k.

One of them was loaded up and had a 7.4l, and was pushing $165 though. 

I am surprised the M220 and X22 are so close in price, but that seems to be what I have seen as well. Oddly, the M240 seems to be substantially more than a X24. (Selling price on X24 is only about $8,000 more than the X22. Not much gap between them.)

Nah, nothing crazy as far as specs.  Your geographic market must we WAY different then ours.  You couldn't even get the 2020 dealer demo w/ 40 hrs for anywhere close to $145k two months ago (without a trailer).  

17 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Nah, nothing crazy as far as specs.  Your geographic market must we WAY different then ours.  You couldn't even get the 2020 dealer demo w/ 40 hrs for anywhere close to $145k two months ago (without a trailer).  

I'd be curious to see the MSRP sheet on an average and loaded M220. That would tell me if they are the same price on average, or not. I have all the X22 pricing info, and the dealer margins are the same between MC and Bu, so it would be pretty easy to tell with a MSRP sheet.

On 11/16/2020 at 7:13 PM, geogilbert said:

Crazy cause here is a pic of the one I was on.  Now I really got to figure this out.

20201022_171637.jpg

I am going to guess that the answer here is simply:  Malibu doesn't build custom parts for each model... they just use what they have.  The wakeview seat rails are likely the same ones used on the 23LS/MX, the M240, 24MX, etc. They seat just ends up where it ends up. They don't "design" all the parts a different size for each model.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
On 11/17/2020 at 8:34 PM, gregtay said:

I am going to guess that the answer here is simply:  Malibu doesn't build custom parts for each model... they just use what they have.  The wakeview seat rails are likely the same ones used on the 23LS/MX, the M240, 24MX, etc. They seat just ends up where it ends up. They don't "design" all the parts a different size for each model.

I think it would be uncomfortable to be shoulder to shoulder. No problem with offset. What crew even uses all that in motion really? I think it’s cool, built mine with it for the table’s added convenience. ( Gotta have a place for the blender, on the floor or lap can be dangerous... lol.. The M220 gets even smaller when you divide with bench rear facing. It’s way easier to 🍻 cheers friends when back not turned..