Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 24 MXZ Stern Lockers

MacSpeed

I recently purchased this boat, it has sacks in the lockers.  I have three questions:

1.  It seems like the valve shouldn't just be sitting on top of the sack.  Should it be attached to something inside of the locker or just sitting on the sack is ok?

2.  I am new to Wake boats, what is the valve meant to do?  Does when it is turned on does it allow this PnP sack to fill and off just fills the factory ballast and no water goes into this PnP sack?

3.  Inside of both of the back lockers are long bolts that scratch/poke the sacks when the sacks are filled.  Is there a cover to put on top of these bolts so that there is no damage to the sacks?

1919880257_PortRearLocker.thumb.jpg.4a87afb23bf107085285ba1bcf6450a5.jpg

779212551_SackScratching.thumb.jpg.61681ada5310d52a2981a5c263fe5216.jpg

Thank you!

if the slack of not attaching valve to wall accommodates filling sac with less tension on port.  it may be a win. yes it is most often on the wall 

when the valve is shut, the primary path for sac is cut off, but the bottom rear  drain and  forward bottom vent will fill the sac as tank overflows though it will be much slower,  i timed my tank fills before installing my pnp.  if i want tank only or tank plus a little fir wakeboarding, i time it

those bolts are usually only a problem when you overfill and really expand the sacs. like when they blow out your divider panels , a simple taping with thin or thick electrical tape should make it better

ask me how i know about  the over filling as described🤓🤣, i had to patch mine with the fat sac patch kits

i didnt tape it after i popped the bag

Edited by granddaddy55
4 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

if the slack of not attaching valve to wall accommodates filling sac with less tension on port.  it may be a win. yes it is most often on the wall 

when the valve is shut, the primary path for sac is cut off, but the bottom rear  drain and  forward bottom vent will fill the sac as tank overflows though it will be much slower,  i timed my tank fills before installing my pnp.  if i want tank only or tank plus a little fir wakeboarding, i time it

those bolts are usually only a problem when you overfill and really expand the sacs. like when they blow out your divider panels , a simple taping with thin or thick electrical tape should make it better

ask me how i know about only the over filling as described🤓🤣, i had to patch mine with the fat sac patch kits

i didnt tape it after i popped the bag

Thank you for the information on the valve and the advice on the bolt covering.  For now I will cover it with some thick tape, I was hoping there was some plastic cap that could be put on top of these bolts to make a more permanent solution.  Maybe I will get something 3D Printed.  :-)

Thank you again!

6 hours ago, MacSpeed said:

Thank you for the information on the valve and the advice on the bolt covering.  For now I will cover it with some thick tape, I was hoping there was some plastic cap that could be put on top of these bolts to make a more permanent solution.  Maybe I will get something 3D Printed.  :-)

Thank you again!

keep me in mind, ill take 4!!

needs to be tight enough to snap in place 

Edited by granddaddy55

Thank you for the link, that looks like a good place to start, at least it covers the sharp points.  I may still try to get a larger cap to fit over both to disburse the pressure if/when the sack presses against it.