Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

3 pairs of Rev 10's to g5 tower

Brandonloos21

I agree why should be the question, two sets of properly tuned rev 10s are more than capable.

But.... if we’re going all out here I would do two 410s and a set or rev 10s.

• Like 2

Man I have 2 sets of icon 8s on a sy4 amp with 200 watts to each speaker and they absolutely scream. I couldn’t imagine 3 sets of rev 10s, but to fit 3 sets it would definitely have to be a custom job. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Cole2001 said:

I agree why should be the question, two sets of properly tuned rev 10s are more than capable.

I currently have 2 sets and they sound nice don’t get me wrong😂 I just want 3 lol. It’s always fun to show your system off. Looking to do 2-3 xxx12 subs too

1 hour ago, Cole2001 said:

Also, not a huge fan of the look of the 410’s, especially on a Malibu tower 

The amp configuration will certainly drive the wiring. Say, 3 4 chnls bridged into to 2 chnl amps would dictate each speaker gets it own 2-con. A 2 chnl driving 2 pair and a 4 chnl bridged driving 3rd pair could be done with a 2-con to one pair/one side and 2-con to 3rd speaker same side. 

30 minutes ago, MLA said:

The amp configuration will certainly drive the wiring. Say, 3 4 chnls bridged into to 2 chnl amps would dictate each speaker gets it own 2-con. A 2 chnl driving 2 pair and a 4 chnl bridged driving 3rd pair could be done with a 2-con to one pair/one side and 2-con to 3rd speaker same side. 

I was thinking of using 2 2 channel amps (probably SDX 2 since I already have one) Was thinking Left and Right pairs off of one amp, then one other amp for the remaining two speakers. Is it possible to run 3 speakers off of 1 amp? So, 2 on one channel, 1 on the other? Im really specific about my music, so it would have to be stereo (Not mono) meaning ALL left speakers play left only, and vice versa

2 hours ago, Brandonloos21 said:

I was thinking of using 2 2 channel amps (probably SDX 2 since I already have one) Was thinking Left and Right pairs off of one amp, then one other amp for the remaining two speakers. Is it possible to run 3 speakers off of 1 amp? So, 2 on one channel, 1 on the other? Im really specific about my music, so it would have to be stereo (Not mono) meaning ALL left speakers play left only, and vice versa

With 3 pair of speakers and two 2 chnl amps, you want to run 2 pair off one amp, then last pair of 2nd amp. And yes, it could be in stereo if you wanted. IMO, stereo is lost on tower speakers. Once you are at the distance of the swim platform, the stereo image is gone due to the speakers being so close. So summed mono or stereo makes little difference. But depending on the tower, summed mono can have a benefit over stereo, if the speakers are pointed off axis a little. In summed mono, your surfer gets 100% of the program material at the same volume level and phase.   

14 minutes ago, MLA said:

With 3 pair of speakers and two 2 chnl amps, you want to run 2 pair off one amp, then last pair of 2nd amp. And yes, it could be in stereo if you wanted. IMO, stereo is lost on tower speakers. Once you are at the distance of the swim platform, the stereo image is gone due to the speakers being so close. So summed mono or stereo makes little difference. But depending on the tower, summed mono can have a benefit over stereo, if the speakers are pointed off axis a little. In summed mono, your surfer gets 100% of the program material at the same volume level and phase.   

That makes a lot of sense! Thankyou.