Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Year End Sales Event

TexasTurner

Anyone have accurate details on the year end sales even savings per model?

My dealer gave me $2,500 off on a new M220. Wondering what the savings are on other models. 

Malibu says up to $6500 off. 

1 hour ago, TexasTurner said:

Anyone have accurate details on the year end sales even savings per model?

My dealer gave me $2,500 off on a new M220. Wondering what the savings are on other models. 

Malibu says up to $6500 off. 

Great question.  Yesterday I was quoted on a new 23 LSV build and it reflected a Malibu discount of $1,500.  The dealer discount was far greater, so I'm not yet sure what this means or how it applies to '21 models vs left over '20 dealer stock.  Leftovers in my area are relatively limited however. 

2 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Great question.  Yesterday I was quoted on a new 23 LSV build and it reflected a Malibu discount of $1,500.  The dealer discount was far greater, so I'm not yet sure what this means or how it applies to '21 models vs left over '20 dealer stock.  Leftovers in my area are relatively limited however. 

Same. $1500 on an lsv was what I saw as well. I was told new year models ( so 23lsv and m220) receive lowest discount. A 23mxz or 25lsv May net you a greater discount. 

I will say dealer discounts seem to be a lot less this year. Makes sense with demand but not what I was used to seeing that’s for sure 

3 minutes ago, SOcalSurfer said:

Same. $1500 on an lsv was what I saw as well. I was told new year models ( so 23lsv and m220) receive lowest discount. A 23mxz or 25lsv May net you a greater discount. 

I will say dealer discounts seem to be a lot less this year. Makes sense with demand but not what I was used to seeing that’s for sure 

Yes, I've seen the same on the dealer discounts.  I'm still pushing, though.  With YESE upon us, perhaps there's a little more juice in the squeeze?  Having said that, if I can get a '2025 LSV for '21 23 LSV money I may be in a very different position. 

With a stellar sales year this year my dealer does not seem in a rush to sell any more boats. I contacted ours a few months ago for quote on a new 23 LSV and haven’t heard a word back. I know we have all winter but I thought maybe a few weeks not a few months.

4 hours ago, SouthsideBoarder said:

With a stellar sales year this year my dealer does not seem in a rush to sell any more boats. I contacted ours a few months ago for quote on a new 23 LSV and haven’t heard a word back. I know we have all winter but I thought maybe a few weeks not a few months.

Your email is probably too far down the inbox now to get a response. With the year end incentives just out this week, try again.

I have a dealer just up the street from me. They've had a stellar year too. Sales guy told me they couldn't sell anything on the floor, even if I walked up with cash for the shown amount. Those are just for show to get pre-orders.

Steve B.

• Like 1

We finished our preordered on a 2021 VLX last week and I got the $6500 savings email too.  Obviously it is vague regarding application and models. But I reached out to the dealer last night via email and asked for explanation.  I don’t feel like they screwed me, but I would like some explanation. We will see, but since the VLX is a price point model, I can see Malibu pushing the incentive very low in comparison to other models. 

8 hours ago, mgoyer said:

From a flyer my dealer sent me for 2021 MY.

$4000 - M240

$3000 - 25 LSV & 24 MXZ

$2500 - 20 VTX, 22 LSV, 23 LSV & 23 MXZ

$1500 - 21 VLX  & 21 MLX

$0 - M220 & TXI

So the advertised "up to $6500 in purchase incentives" means there are other incentives???   Or the dealer throws some $ in?  

26 minutes ago, Sixer said:

So the advertised "up to $6500 in purchase incentives" means there are other incentives???   Or the dealer throws some $ in?  

Probably applies to any 2020 leftovers in certain models.   The info above was for 2021s.   

1 hour ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Still a fair number up here like at https://www.swsmarinecalgary.com/default.asp?page=xAllInventory  Plus you pay with 75 cent (USD-CAD) dollars!

The Saskatchewan economy is not helping the sales that’s for sure. Sales were down before Covid and then Covid made it worse.  
BC is selling like crazy and so is Alberta with no boats to be found. 

18 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

The Saskatchewan economy is not helping the sales that’s for sure. Sales were down before Covid and then Covid made it worse.  
BC is selling like crazy and so is Alberta with no boats to be found. 

You need to click on the Edmonton and Calgary inventories - there are even NIB 2019s!  LOTS of 2020 Nautiques around, too. (Wizardlakemarine.com in both AB and BC)  Alberta's economy is, and has been for quite a few years now, deep in the crapper; BC's will get there soon with the recent NDP victory.  It'll be like the 90's all over again in Lotusland.

39 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

You need to click on the Edmonton and Calgary inventories - there are even NIB 2019s!  LOTS of 2020 Nautiques around, too. (Wizardlakemarine.com in both AB and BC)  Alberta's economy is, and has been for quite a few years now, deep in the crapper; BC's will get there soon with the recent NDP victory.  It'll be like the 90's all over again in Lotusland.

Oh yeah I totally agree. Alberta isn’t doing well and BC will soon be the same. SWS does have a surprising amount of inventory.

But the crazy thing is boats are selling. Wizard only has a few 2020s left over and most of them are rentals or smaller models and they actually brought some in from other dealers who weren’t selling. At the end of summer Seca had one new tige in stock between kelowna and Calgary. 

I don't know about sales territory rules, but Launch Watersports in Great Falls Montana has several 2020 LSV-23s, and an LSV-22 in stock.  I almost bought a leftover 2020, but in the end went with the 20201.  They are great to work with, but dealer agreement may preclude them from selling out of area.