Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

docking lights/ transom lights

hmh800

Hi guys-

I'm looking to add some underwater transom lights in place of the pitot senders on my 01 SS Lxi, since with PP I don't need them.  Looking for recommendations on what you guys have used.  Also looking to add docking lights- recommendations here?

Second question is that while I see a rocker switch cover on Bakes for the docking lights, I don't see one to match the factory rocker switch for underwater lights.  Is there another source for these?  I'd sure like to match the factory rockers if I could and put new switch covers on two of my acc switches.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Soon2BV said:

I would be interested in others opinions on the docking lights.  In 12 seasons I have probably used mine twice.  

Thats about our usage of them too. Rarely take the boat out at night, maybe 5 or 6 times in 30+ years have we needed them.

even underwater lights get used mostly at the dock for kids swimming, but i like having those.

I use them often in the fall when it gets dark earlier.  Usually when coming back from dinner or going for a moonlight cruise on full moons.  Have replaced the original bulbs with brighter LEDs.

When at the cabin I try not to use the car much :biggrin:

I installed the Tecniq underwater lights this year and love them. Call the folks at The Trailer Shoppe (717) 556-8452 for prices. They don't show them on their website but they do sell them.

DD4DA1D6-DCBC-45E6-9F93-6479464C0B63_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.b7bdd9ff2053c0293531096e6b5312f4.jpeg

Edited by phinz
ahopkins22LSV

I probably only use the docking lights 5 times a year but man do they help. They make loading onto the trailer and or pulling up to a dock way easier. I also feel they complete the look of the bow. 

And yeah, under water lights are super cool. That’s all lol. 

BA37F9A0-E9F8-4384-B1F9-9DE6D7BE646F.jpeg

Thanks guys-

Yeah the docking lights are not such a big deal, but the underwater ones would be cool- and good for night fishing!  In looking at my transom, I think I need to either use some that are round and 2 1/2" or so diameter, otherwise I'd just have to mount them outboard of where the pitots are.  They have a small flat mounting area.

On 10/31/2020 at 5:56 PM, Soon2BV said:

I would be interested in others opinions on the docking lights.  In 12 seasons I have probably used mine twice.  

I use mine all the time. It really comes down to how often you go out, regularly I’m out until 10pm or later. They aren’t great for cruising of course but for picking up a rider or coming into dock/trailer they work great. 

I  installed these lights which are extremely inexpensive on ebay for both docking lights and underwater lights beneath the swim deck.  They are really easy to install and look very professional despite not costing much.  My Malibu dealership wanted almost $600 for the stock LED lights......not happening.  These lights came in handy at lake powell and are controlled right off the dash touch screen. 

Do a search in ebay for:  Stainless Steel Underwater Pontoon Marine/Boat Transom Light&27LED

• 2 months later...

I'm looking to add docking lights - the high/low LED OEM docking lights to a 2020 23 LSV....

1. Has anyone added these?  Fairly easy?  Any tips?  

2. Anyone know the actual model number and brand of the lights?

3. Is the hull pre-wired for docking lights? (I assume yes).

Thank you in advance.

You can get the docking lights from your Malibu dealer.  The boat is pre-wired and the lights come with the corresponding wiring and plugs.  If you are comfortable making a template and drilling a few holes it shouldn't be a problem.  Make sure you have the power module #3 already installed in the boat, it is near the battery switch in the observer storage.  Don't forget to turn on the option using the 7 inch screen settings in the configuration, boat options menu.