Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Back in the Game!!

teamerickson

Did you buy it unseen? I’m assuming you had it inspected? I considered this buying our boat this year for the same reasons as you. But was too scared to try this. I would be curious how your experience went with uship. It may be an option for the next boat. 

Edited by Philip

Yep, sight unseen! 😬

I bought it from an individual but the boat was at his dealer so I had multiple conversations with both. I didn’t have it inspected but the dealer signed off on the warranty transfer. 

The uship experience went really well! Although the uship estimation was low. It took about 5 days to tow it here. The dealer did a great job of wrapping it up! It only needed just a little clean up. Very happy!

This deal turned out to be a lot cheaper then buying locally even after paying for shipping! It was kind of a stressful experience though. 😁

2 hours ago, teamerickson said:

Yep, sight unseen! 😬

I bought it from an individual but the boat was at his dealer so I had multiple conversations with both. I didn’t have it inspected but the dealer signed off on the warranty transfer. 

The uship experience went really well! Although the uship estimation was low. It took about 5 days to tow it here. The dealer did a great job of wrapping it up! It only needed just a little clean up. Very happy!

This deal turned out to be a lot cheaper then buying locally even after paying for shipping! It was kind of a stressful experience though. 😁

Glad it worked out. I guess the warranty adds some level of assurance. Enjoy!

7 minutes ago, Philip said:

Glad it worked out. I guess the warranty adds some level of assurance. Enjoy!

Given all the screen issues, it is no-brainer.  I wonder how long the current batch will last?

real interested in your journey from Axis to the LSV and back again to Axis? did you have friends to ride with for  2 years?

was covid used pricing a factor in stepping back? etc

Edited by granddaddy55
4 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

real interested in your journey from Axis to the LSV and back again to Axis? did you have friends to ride with for  2 years?

was covid used pricing a factor in stepping back? etc

We had a 2014 T22. Great boat! Loved it! But, wanted to try a 2017 Malibu 23 with power wedge and all the extras. After a few years I didn't fell we were using it enough for the cost. So, sold it in 2018 (probably shouldn't have sold it!) 😞 I have a few friends with boats so I would get out. But not enough for my liking. 😁 This year (maybe because of COVID) I really missed boating and realized how much I enjoy it. Last year the family mentioned they missed boating also. This year, even more. So I started the hunt! As most people are aware, the used market is just crazy this year! New prices were more then I wanted to spend. But, I wanted an Axis with power wedge and surf pipe. Axis has really stepped up their game. Especially with the vinyl. That was a critique of my T22. I was looking for an A22 or T22. I want to slip it and 22 works better for our marina. Found the one in NY and made it happen. First time out I was blown away! Very similar to the 23 LSV. I actually think the regular wave surf wave with this A22 is better then the 2017 23! Very happy to be back in a boat and look forward to many great memories. 

• Like 3

You can also get domed numbers that fit below the rub rail, on the burgundy portion just below the rail. That's what we did with ours and like the look better than numbers above, IMO. You just can't get the ones that have the cross through the first letter, as that will be too tall and would go into the white fiberglass and would potentially peel up.

• Like 2

I love the comment or observation that “the family mentioned they missed boating”, that’s all I would need to throw in large and heavy.

Edited by Bozboat
  • Like 2
On 10/21/2020 at 1:29 PM, formerathlete said:

You can also get domed numbers that fit below the rub rail, on the burgundy portion just below the rail. That's what we did with ours and like the look better than numbers above, IMO. You just can't get the ones that have the cross through the first letter, as that will be too tall and would go into the white fiberglass and would potentially peel up.

What ones did you end up going with? I want to order them in the spring when our boat gets in as well as order new Axis logos from them as well. 

We bought ours from these guys: https://www.domednumbers.com/.

We went with the 3” Axis numbers (white with a black outline that matches our machined silver flake & white scheme well). We didn’t tilt the first letter and didn’t have the cross going through the first letter. That allowed me to install below rub rail and above white fiberglass on that narrow section. The font matches the font of our Axis logos from 2019 MY. Looks good, easy to install.

Edited by formerathlete
  • Like 1