Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Novice Impeller Question

Quick, very basic question... where do you purchase a replacement impeller? I looked up "INDM-A036" and google sent me to Amazon.

I purchased an'07 Response this time last year and we're getting ready to do the winter maintenance. The boat is mine but my rockstar husband helps me with all of the mechanical stuff. (In this case it is the wife who is in love her boat and hubby wants nothing to do with it. But he loves me so he tolerates my ski habit.) 

I already purchased an impeller puller.

Thanks,

Elissa

First of all, dump the bum!  LOL (Just kidding...)  You can get an impeller from bakesonline.com skidim.com or Ron over at skiboatpartsonline.com.  Or Amazon - which is where I get my impellers.  Your water pump uses a Johnson F6B-9 impeller  - I think it is the same as my 99.

• Like 2

Just a tip, when winterizing after you have done changing the oil (if required), drain the water and pull out your impeller.  You don't need to put your impeller back in until spring and it's better for the impeller to not sit static in the housing all winter anyways.  I've made a habit of doing this an the impellers last a lot longer this way.  I wish my wife was as enthusiastic about skiing as you!

• Like 2