Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need to match swim pad material

PURDUEskier

I am looking to do a custom step for my boat and want to try to match the existing pad on the swim platform.  I have a 2010 RLXI with the fiberglass platform and a grey pad on it.  Anyone know what brand that pad is or what matches it the best? 

I used the Gator Step on my 2010 LSV. I believe the color I went with was a Storm grey with the black lines. It had a lot more of a blue hue to it than the grey OEM stuff I had. I doubt you will be able to come even remotely close to the OEM color (SeaDek I believe) which will require you or at least it forced me to replace everything which was the plan anyway. I would highly recommend the GS in all  respects.

13 minutes ago, wdr said:

I used the Gator Step on my 2010 LSV. I believe the color I went with was a Storm grey with the black lines. It had a lot more of a blue hue to it than the grey OEM stuff I had. I doubt you will be able to come even remotely close to the OEM color (SeaDek I believe) which will require you or at least it forced me to replace everything which was the plan anyway. I would highly recommend the GS in all  respects.

isnt sharkfin over black the equivalent?

Thanks for the responses.   I have what I think is seadeck on the swim platform and am trying to match.  I am planning to replace some or all of the vinyl on the rear hatches.

I am planning on doing the same thing on my 04 LSV.  The pad on my swim deck leaves black crap on your skin.  What is the best way to remove the existing pad and prep the surface for Gator or equivalent?