Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LSV 23 - 2018 vs 2019

Greg_S

We sold our 2005 VLX during the craziness this summer and am looking at getting a 2018/2019 LSV.

Is it worth paying more for a 2019 and get the PW3, year longer warranty and the 'upgrade' on the vinyl?

Anybody have experience on when will be the best time to buy for the best pricing?

TIA

I had both years and they were both great boats. I definitely liked the 2019 a lot better though due a number of little things that I felt all added up to make me smile every time on the 2019. Most wouldn’t be a deal killer though if the 2018 is a much better deal.

I preferred the 2019 vinyl, PW3 and lack of stomp pads on the rear lockers. I also had the PCM 409 in the 2019.

Now is typically when you start seeing the seasonal deals but Covid is screwing with everything in the recreational space. Sounds like you already experienced that a bit. While there will be motivated sellers through the winter, I don’t think it will feel like a normal seasonal dip.

Keep an eye on all the usual places (Onlyinboards, CL, FB groups and marketplace, TMC) as well as dealer websites. You might even find someone on here who is thinking of trading in theirs. Good luck with the hunt, that’s the fun part.

• Like 2
On 10/17/2020 at 2:58 PM, Greg_S said:

We sold our 2005 VLX during the craziness this summer and am looking at getting a 2018/2019 LSV.

Is it worth paying more for a 2019 and get the PW3, year longer warranty and the 'upgrade' on the vinyl?

Anybody have experience on when will be the best time to buy for the best pricing?

TIA

depending on when each was originally sold, it may be less or more than one year, if not from same dealer, warranty transfer price may not be equal either