Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M260 needed

The Hulk

2 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Rumor was MC has the molds and the 300 could still be special ordered, as of a few years ago.   I have no clue if there is any truth to that or not, or if you could still do it.  

Wow interesting... Bring it back! Hardly any investment on their part.. what would that beast look like with some metal flake!

This guy fully restored one, down right beautiful. https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com//showthread.php?t=103735&page=24

If MC were to bring it back I can only imagine the price tag on it. looking back the price tag of it new was a screaming deal for what it is. 

With unlimited money I would be taking a look at cruiser yachts. A friend of mine has the 40ft version and it's stunning. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Rumor was MC has the molds and the 300 could still be special ordered, as of a few years ago.   I have no clue if there is any truth to that or not, or if you could still do it.  

They put it on ice completely.

Never made their engineering/tooling costs back. Were a warranty nightmare as well.

I also like having a big boat, but I feel that the RI265 or anything beyond this may be too big. I think 25 -26 feet is the sweet spot. I have a 2019 25 lsv, and it is just the right size for my crew. I don't like having more than 8-10 or even 6-8 people because I end up being a host and making sure everyone is having a good time and getting a shot at doing some sort of water activity. By the end of the day with a large crew, I am exhausted! I don't want or need more room than a 25 foot boat is equipped to handle.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

I don't like having more than 8-10 or even 6-8 people because I end up being a host and making sure everyone is having a good time and getting a shot at doing some sort of water activity. By the end of the day with a large crew, I am exhausted!

Same here, I try to keep it to 4 or less, otherwise my day ends up just as you describe.  I do enjoy exposing new people to the fun, but if it's consistently no fun for you then you begin to question even having a boat...I don't care to be in that place.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

They put it on ice completely.

Never made their engineering/tooling costs back. Were a warranty nightmare as well.

Well seems like they could recoup those losses quickly in this new surf market!

What were the warranty issues? 

Edited by The Hulk
21 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

This guy fully restored one, down right beautiful. https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com//showthread.php?t=103735&page=24

If MC were to bring it back I can only imagine the price tag on it. looking back the price tag of it new was a screaming deal for what it is. 

With unlimited money I would be taking a look at cruiser yachts. A friend of mine has the 40ft version and it's stunning. 

That’s the worst looking swim ladder I’ve ever seen. 

• Haha 3

MC 300 could sell for 300k easily.. I'd be game

P25s are 280+ 

300 blows all boats outta the water and it has NO SG system.. just imagine the length of that wave with tabs! U could have 3-4 ppl surfing!

Yacht surfing time!

Edited by The Hulk
7 hours ago, bbattiste247 said:

I also like having a big boat, but I feel that the RI265 or anything beyond this may be too big. I think 25 -26 feet is the sweet spot. I have a 2019 25 lsv, and it is just the right size for my crew. I don't like having more than 8-10 or even 6-8 people because I end up being a host and making sure everyone is having a good time and getting a shot at doing some sort of water activity. By the end of the day with a large crew, I am exhausted! I don't want or need more room than a 25 foot boat is equipped to handle.

Amen on the larger number of folks and entertaining!

But a bigger boat is just so u can drive by with the unspoken "I could fit u"... If I wanted... 

Anyhow on serious note it would be easier with small kids and a few dogs if we had a bit more room! 

Edited by The Hulk
On 10/18/2020 at 8:21 PM, The Hulk said:

id buy a 300 tomorrow if it was up to date, although I'd prefer open bow layout with more day boat kinda room.. 

Just out of blind curiousity, what don't you find up to date about it? It was well ahead of its time at launch, and still has more up to date finishes/style/amenities/tech than most anything in its class.

On 10/18/2020 at 8:31 PM, hethj7 said:

That was only for a select couple boats that went to the UAE back in 2013-2014. They stopped general production in late 2011. I wouldn't be surprised if they still have the molds, but they won't build any new 300s.

14 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Well seems like they could recoup those losses quickly in this new surf market!

What were the warranty issues? 

unsubstantiated rumor i'd say......

I am able to view warranty history for them, and it certainly doesn't seem like anything excessive to me. Maybe @23LSVOwner has a HIN for me to run on the nightmare boat/boats??

26 minutes ago, TenTwentyOne said:

unsubstantiated rumor i'd say......

I am able to view warranty history for them, and it certainly doesn't seem like anything excessive to me. Maybe @23LSVOwner has a HIN for me to run on the nightmare boat/boats??

No hins, that was what seems to be a lifetime ago.

Edited to add:

Most were sold overseas and MC had a person over there who traveled to do the repairs. Direct bill, no claims.

Edited by 23LSVOwner

I just imagine getting extremely annoyed turning the boat around to pick up down surfers constantly. Awesome freaking project though. As a person that loves fixing boats up, I thoroughly enjoyed the thread. Well done on the paint job,

• Like 3
6 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

No hins, that was what seems to be a lifetime ago.

Edited to add:

Most were sold overseas and MC had a person over there who traveled to do the repairs. Direct bill, no claims.

3 sold in the US.

1 in Spain.

1 in France

8 in UAE. 

If you are talking about the boats sold in the UAE, which were the majority, they were sold and serviced by Jalboot Abu Dhabi aka MasterCraft UAE. The direct bill, no claims, is nonsense. There were instances of necessary remote repairs, but they were definitely recorded claims, and warranty reviewed repairs.... and MC didn’t have anyone traveling to do repairs. They did, however, have a engineer available for dealers to talk to if needed.

Edited by TenTwentyOne

Up to date I mean with a surf system, integrated touch screen or garmin touch, modern up to date sound system things MC would easily incorporate if finishing it out again.. 

Speaking of twin drive what happened to the molds of the x80? That was 28 footer but I don't know if that included the platform as the interior looks absolutely tiny and similar to A 21ft boat for some reason.. but it did have a 114" beam! Anyone add tabs/more ballast and surf that thing? 

5 minutes ago, carguy79ta said:

IIRC i looked up the X80 long time ago and it was powered by twin 350 chevys. The drywt wasn't much dont remember ballast specs

It does not look like a 28-footer interior however you cut it maybe it  oddly includes the oversized swim platform as it may not be removable? All the pictures I can see it looks absolutely tiny inside

Edited by The Hulk
10 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

It does not look like a 28-footer interior however you cut it maybe it  oddly includes the oversized swim platform as it may not be removable? All the pictures I can see it looks absolutely tiny inside

M300!!!  LOL

4 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

M300!!!  LOL

I'll bet they could incorporate bow/stern thrusters for a nominal fee to help whip around and pick up lost rider(s).. or maybe the downed surfers just have to paddle start like out at sea!

8 hours ago, The Hulk said:

I'll bet they could incorporate bow/stern thrusters for a nominal fee to help whip around and pick up lost rider(s).. or maybe the downed surfers just have to paddle start like out at sea!

300 has Joystick!! :biggrin:

As for the other up to date stuff, the 300 doesn't have a surf system obviously, but does have a Garmin 12" touch display, and mine definitely has an up to date stereo. Originally, the stereo in the 300 was a 3000 watt JL system with 5 M series amps, 19 M series speakers, and 4 subwoofers. That along with a fusion 700 series head unit. It's really not behind the times at all. Mine was updated with a new Fusion Apollo, MVi amps, and M6 series JL speakers. 

Surf system would be the icing on the cake though.

The X80 is 28' without the platform. It is huge, and the width does make it look shorter inside than it actually is. It is a very roomy boat. That said, it isn't roomy for a 28. Id say it has about the same room inside as a new X26. Lots of wasted space with the head, and the giant rear sunpad area. Cool boat, but not a practical platform to resurrect.

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV

I don’t see any inboard manufacturer being successful with a 30’ boat/cruiser. That market is very locked in. Similar to how we see I/O and jet boat manufactures struggle with getting into the wake/surf market. If I were searching for a 30’ cruiser, and the MC was still in production, I doubt I’d have it on my list with Sea Ray, Colbalt, Carver, Formula, etc. That’s with me having spent and still spending a lot time around that market. 

• Like 2