Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M260 needed

The Hulk

New m240 is sweet! I'm a TB fan so it's hard pill to swallow but I love all the features on this beast it just feels a bit tall and stumpy.. stretch this thing out 2-3ft more with a little more cabin room.. 

Love they didn't do a storage locker like the 24mx/25lsv. I sit our huge cooler here with flipped up seat on my 16 25lsv. Can't on newer 25s or Mx. This monster cooler area is sweet heck o could put another huge cooler or bags of crap on top!

Slide out is slick! But worry rails will bend with heavy load or a kid getting on it.. didn't think to look if there might be wheels underneath it if so that would be a good idea to prevent the rails from breaking.. 

I'm slightly torn because all the ballast is subfloor so I gain rear locker storage but I lose cabin area space.. so technically I have more usable storage in the m240 than my 25 lsv but less cabin room compared to the 2016.. 

Walk through on the m240 is way nicer than the MX.. 

We need a 27 lsv or an m260 270 !

47 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Just go buy the new Centurion Ri265  and get it over with Hulk.  

Thought about it.. draft is pretty deep with our drought this summer.. probably would have been stuck this year 

Edited by The Hulk
5 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Area behind seat is huge! 

Can anyone confirm if there is a wheel or two under the roll out? Can see the rails holding a loaded cooler without bending over time. 

I have had zero problems with the slide out cooler. I often have kids sitting on it as well. Heck I’ve even stood on it putting up and taking down Bimini. It’s really well engineered. 

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Dfowkes said:

I have had zero problems with the slide out cooler. I often have kids sitting on it as well. Heck I’ve even stood on it putting up and taking down Bimini. It’s really well engineered. 

When out? Not worrying about when stored but when extended outward

12 hours ago, The Hulk said:

When out? Not worrying about when stored but when extended outward

When extended outward only kids Have ever stepped on it. There are no wheels underneath. What I usually prefer is to have the yeti or any other brand with the same dimensions, have the opening face forward that way you don’t have to slide it out to get a drink or snack. There is tons of room behind the driver seat and cooler.  When we stop for a bigger break some times I will slide it out and have the opening of the cooler face the stern. That way people in the back of the boat have easier access. The brackets and slides look very heavy duty.  But I don’t have any idea of the weight capacity when extended. Maybe one of our members that work for a dealer can chime in about the specific weights not to exceed when retracted or extended?

3 hours ago, asnowman said:

@The Hulk you should just buy @TenTwentyOne's 300 and call it good for a while.  You should be able to add enough ballast to it, and interior space shoudl be good.

The 300 certainly doesn’t need any ballast. The wave is already far more massive than any wake boat. It’s good to go.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, TenTwentyOne said:

The 300 certainly doesn’t need any ballast. The wave is already far more massive than any wake boat. It’s good to go.

We are talking about @The Hulk though.... maybe next summer i can spin up to burlington and bum a ride, for verification purposes of course! 

Can we buy the 300 mold and pull it out of some old wearhouse? Storage warz find? 

Just need to  put some modern amenities/dash/SG and we'll have a #gamechanger ha. 

Frankly they have probably already considered this.. it looks seriously legit without even tabs imagine if they were added in conjunction with variable throttles.. would be sweet.. this alone justifies a wider 9'6-10' -ft wide beam surf Boat with two cheaper smaller engines just a very throttles.. none of these crazy stupid expensive supercharged engines needed.. 

Have high hopes that Malibu will make a bigger boat but I doubt it.. I'm sure they are instead working on the 24 lsv.. seems they gotta have every model in 1ft or less increments

id buy a 300 tomorrow if it was up to date, although I'd prefer open bow layout with more day boat kinda room.. 

Edited by The Hulk

Rumor was MC has the molds and the 300 could still be special ordered, as of a few years ago.   I have no clue if there is any truth to that or not, or if you could still do it.