Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Coolfeel Interior

gorenation

Who has the new coolfeel interior and can comment on how well it handles heat? I purchased a 2019 24 MXZ this summer as a first boat and loved it so much that I am ordering a fully loaded 21. I am debating between the 2 interior specs below but wanted to make sure I wouldn't completely regret it after ordering.

Also, does anyone have any comments on which interior you guys like better?
443459196_GoreSolidBlackInteriorTop.thumb.png.aebf5564e33e734bbbbcbf2beeb33076.png
1243283182_GoreTopView.thumb.png.3640bef3c56f6086b7e5069c65cf5152.png

Hi Gorenation,

Both colors look great and color is an uber subjective thing. 

My current Malibu has Malibu's cool feel interior and the interior is certainly cooler than my older Malibu. 

So, I say go for it. Especially with that dark interior which looks awesome.

Chris

I have the cool feel interior on my 2021 25LSV.  I went with a vapor blue color scheme, which does have some black in it.  I had a solid peanut butter interior in my 2019 23 LSV.   Does the cool feel stay cooler than the vinyl in my 19?  Yes.  Does it still get hot in direct sun in the dead of summer?  Yes.   Look, the darker the interior the easier it is to keep clean.  I love dark interiors.  However, please do not fool yourself into thinking you can get a black interior and it will not get hot on a 100 degree day, when there is no wind, in the direct sun. 

I like color scheme 2.  Boat is sick. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/15/2020 at 2:20 PM, gorenation said:

Who has the new coolfeel interior and can comment on how well it handles heat? I purchased a 2019 24 MXZ this summer as a first boat and loved it so much that I am ordering a fully loaded 21. I am debating between the 2 interior specs below but wanted to make sure I wouldn't completely regret it after ordering.

Also, does anyone have any comments on which interior you guys like better?
443459196_GoreSolidBlackInteriorTop.thumb.png.aebf5564e33e734bbbbcbf2beeb33076.png
1243283182_GoreTopView.thumb.png.3640bef3c56f6086b7e5069c65cf5152.png

I would go with option #1, love this interior, it looks amazing and it is a much cleaner look. For some reason everyone loves multiple colors in their boat interiors and I personally don't get it.

Edited by Chappy

Cool touch is rather delicate. You can't use cleaner on it and if you do bad thing can happen. Not to mention voiding your warranty 

I thought about in on my new order but after researching opted out of cool touch. 

That and you could weave the seates out of silk and black will be hot. Physics be Physics... 

Looks cool, but if you are anywhere that has any sun you will hate your decision to go that dark.