Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurf Board Suggestions

LakePTDoc

Looking to buy another surf board in the off season, wanting opinions on boards.

I am 6’, 210#’s. Currently have a hyperlite land lock that I ride with my daughter that is fun to learn on and just ride behind the wake and is very forgiving with ability to get far back on the wave and still recover.  My friend has a 2010 island surfer blue lake that I have ridden but feels very loose and not as forgiving.  And then we have a 2012 cwb ride that is more  nimble but can feel slow especially further back on the wake.  

We just bought a 2016 Malibu 20VTX and working on dialing in wakes since the wake is considerably larger than our previous boat, and have had to dial it back for a few friends due to the current wake and board combinations.  

What do you guys suggest?