Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winterize. 2015 TXI closed cooling

Hi guys.  Got question on winterizing 2015 TXI  6liter engine that has closed cooling on it.  
i Have taken to dealer all time since I purchased it and they winterize it.  
(Prior boat I had winterized myself was older 1997 and that was easy)

I would like to start winterize my 2015 TXI myself.  Got a few questions on closed cooling.  Anyone got a moment to chat over phone?
If so please message me.  

I appreciate the advice in advance

Andy

I'm not familiar with your specific model, but you should only need to dump the raw water from the inlet to the pump, the pump to the heat exchanger, and the exchanger to the manifolds.  It is better to ask and answer questions here so that others may benefit in the future if they have the same issues.

If you don't have a flush kit or other one-way valve, the inlet to pump part probably drains every time you take the boat out of the water.  If you do have a one-way valve, remove the inlet hose from the raw water pump and dump the water.

Next, remove the front plate from the raw water pump.  You may choose to remove/replace the impeller at this time, but you don't have to.

Now remove the hose from the raw water pump to the transmission cooler and check for debris in the cooler.  This should dump the raw water that is in the heat exchanger also.  At some point in the near future, you will also want to change the engine coolant to keep the rust protection it provides.  When you do this, you might consider removing the end caps from the heat exchanger and running a dowel through the tubes to make sure they are clear.

Finally, remove the raw water hoses at the manifold elbows and drain them.  You may want to turn the elbows to allow water to completely drain from the manifolds.

You might also want to tip the bow of the boat up (for example, drive to a steep hill) to allow the exhaust system to drain, but generally this is not an issue.

i have a 2003 with closed cooling - i'm actually thinking of draining the raw water side this year, but normally i just suck 5 gallons of pink antifreeze through the water pump and this flushes out the lake water.  - i made a hose and funnel for this purpose.   This take 5 minutes.