Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for swim platform brackets

For 2003 Wakesetter VLX 21':  any idea where I could find brackets that support my swim platform? I would need both parts of the bracket (ie the part that's screwed onto the boat, and the part that's screwed onto the platform).  Thanks.

Looked into that when I had an issue - apparently they are VERY difficult to find as they haven't been manufactured in MANY years.  Many are moving to the new style and re-drilling the transom.  Tried to find a link to the new part, but at this point can't put my curser on it.  You might put a photo of what you need, so everyone will know for sure, as there are a couple different types.

Edited by REHinH20

Thanks for your replies - saw the brackets on the greatlakesskipper site, and actually just spoke to them.  Those look like the right brackets, but the more important piece that I need is the one that's screwed to the hull of the boat, ie the opposite side of these brackets.

PS - can't figure out how to insert a photo of my platform and brackets using "Insert image from URL".

Yes, fiberglass platform.

Here's the closest model I found on the GLS website - granted, it's for an LSV, so may be different (the angle looks very different, and obviously the color too, but the cantilever hook is similar): https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/malibu-boat-swim-platform-bracket-4722251-25-lsv-aluminum-pair

Do you think the model I have is not an original Malibu?  Boat the boat 2nd hand many years ago.

If you need the mounting brackets, too - why not just get a whole new set from Alloy Marine?  The XX90LA or RB35 come with brackets.  Or send your pics to them and see if they have such a bracket.  And why do you need the mounting brackets??

7 minutes ago, jrvs23 said:

Just saw these on FB

6109D03F-65EB-4690-B845-83EA6F14545C.png

Those are what I have on my 99 RLX.  Good deal - my platform brackets holes have wallowed out a bit so I either have to redrill for a larger pin, or add a second pin.  Might consider these...

Thanks - these don't look like they would work on mine, as the angle looks a bit off.

Reason I have to replace the mounting brackets is that the lip/hook on the mounting bracket (not sure the appropriate name) has worn down and won't hold on to the bracket-side hook, so it won't hold up the platform (don't have a picture).  I think I need to replace the entire set.

I'll check with Alloy Marine.

1 hour ago, WeTheNorth said:

Thanks - these don't look like they would work on mine, as the angle looks a bit off.

Reason I have to replace the mounting brackets is that the lip/hook on the mounting bracket (not sure the appropriate name) has worn down and won't hold on to the bracket-side hook, so it won't hold up the platform (don't have a picture).  I think I need to replace the entire set.

I'll check with Alloy Marine.

If you have to pull the brackets off the transom, you might as well get a new full set including the platform mounts.  Or I guess you could get a machinist to make a new transom bracket out of stainless steel.

I would recommend giving bakes a call.  I ran into this a few years ago with a 06 iride that has the old anodized aluminum brackets that developed a lot of play.  They were able to get me the new style stainless brackets.  While they did not line up perfect they were close enough that i drilled another hole in the stainless bracket to match up with the transom.  The stainless upgrade is well worth it.

Another thought...  (Having had a whole whack of custom aluminum work done recently) Could you not have a welder add some material to the existing transom brackets and then hand-shape to fit the existing platform brackets?  Assuming they are aluminum of course.

Bakes confirmed that they don't have these, and reiterated about Metcraft.  Their suggestion is to change all 4 parts for newer 2010+ stainless steel style.