Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'15 T23 vs '21 A24

MystiikVLX

We have a 2015 T23 and are looking to get a new boat. We currently use full stock ballast plus PNP and then place a 650 bag on top of seats in bow and may add bag to cabin floor.

I would love to avoid using additional bags on seats in our next boat. Any opinions on the A24 with stock ballast and pnp? Would it match or better the 15 T23 surf wave? Any A24 owners out there that could share their experience?

thanks for any opinions.

I’m no expert but I’d imagine a 2021 A24 with PNP would blow away your current setup/boat in terms of surf wave. And all seats would be accessible. 

• Like 2

i have been in a 17 and 18. the 17 was with no auto set wedge wedge and no bow bag and only 3 in boat but one was a big driver 300+).  the 18 had a bow bag on seats (but a bigger in cabin crew) and pw2 deployed.  both were very fun pushy waves.  seems that with pw3 you can make any rear weighted decision you want to allow for no additional bow weight .  i bet the a24 with a nice crew and a couple people in bow would do great with or without wedge

i also surfed a 16 t 23 without wedge that was very pushy (no bow bag).  Axis pro Johnny Steig who was driving that day surfs no wedge in his 18 and i‘m betting no bag either 

Our 2021 A24 is amazing with stock(850) PNP bags and an extra 300lbs of lead in the nose on top of the seat. Minimal bow rise. We usually have the wedge on 3 or 4 and with M6 engine it’s running around at 11.2-11.4mph and around 3400 RPMs with 3-4 people in the boat. 
I have no experience with a T23. 

26 minutes ago, Dsalyers said:

Our 2021 A24 is amazing with stock(850) PNP bags and an extra 300lbs of lead in the nose on top of the seat. Minimal bow rise. We usually have the wedge on 3 or 4 and with M6 engine it’s running around at 11.2-11.4mph and around 3400 RPMs with 3-4 people in the boat. 

What size bags are under the bow seats?

On 10/5/2020 at 8:11 PM, Dsalyers said:

What prop are you running? Thanks for any advice.

6 hours ago, Keef said:

We have a 2021 A24 all factory with PNP and no lead... it makes an awesome wave

That was nice video of your boat showing factor plus PNP surf wave

On 10/14/2020 at 1:52 PM, MystiikVLX said:

That was nice video of your boat showing factor plus PNP surf wave

Thanks,  I will post some pics today... heading out soon for sunrise session.

On 10/16/2020 at 5:09 AM, Keef said:

Thanks,  I will post some pics today... heading out soon for sunrise session.

I was looking over the order sheet for a new 2021 A24. I was considering the M6 engine. We surf and wakeboard. They recommended the high torque prop 1773. Any advice on props?

On 11/3/2020 at 7:37 AM, MystiikVLX said:

How are you setting up for wakeboarding?

speed, rope length and ballasts/wedge?

oh man.  That day we had a professional on the boat and was the one in the video.  We don't wakeboard.  But I can find out the settings.  It was basically full ballast, wedge lift on to get on plane, can't remember rope length or speed.  Tony Carrol is featured in the video, check out his instagram.

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2020 at 2:37 PM, Keef said:

oh man.  That day we had a professional on the boat and was the one in the video.  We don't wakeboard.  But I can find out the settings.  It was basically full ballast, wedge lift on to get on plane, can't remember rope length or speed.  Tony Carrol is featured in the video, check out his instagram.

What size bag fits under the bow cushions? I've heard 440lb custom from wakemakers but evo listed a 800-900 U shaped bag. I havent had the chance to see for myself yet

On 12/29/2020 at 9:16 PM, MystiikVLX said:

What size bag fits under the bow cushions? I've heard 440lb custom from wakemakers but evo listed a 800-900 U shaped bag. I havent had the chance to see for myself yet

Oh I actually will have to look.  We got ours with the boat.

12 hours ago, Keef said:

you the guys in Miami intercoastal with the A24??  would luv to come visit to ride snd surf , its really cool to do that down there in the salt , had a blast!

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2021 at 5:37 AM, Keef said:

Did you ever look at bags under bow seats? Size? Is it the triangle or the A shape ? Thanks for any info. Would love to see a picture of bow with seat cushions removed

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2021 at 8:07 PM, MystiikVLX said:

Did you ever look at bags under bow seats? Size? Is it the triangle or the A shape ? Thanks for any info. Would love to see a picture of bow with seat cushions removed

I can tell you the one we have is A shaped. The triangle bag won’t fit because of the the batteries in the nose.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a chance to see a new A24. The space under the bow seats is small. Doesn't look like much of a bag would fit. The bag wakemakers sent me looks too big.

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2021 at 8:07 PM, MystiikVLX said:

yes I did.  We have the FatSac U shaped bag!

spacer.png