Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

220 Wakeboard Wake???

geogilbert

I have seen a bunch of early reports on the 220 surf wake but would love to hear a review of the wakeboard wake. 

Anyone tank this thing out and give it a rip. 

Would love to know how it compares to the 22 LSV /G21 / x22. 

I would love to help you out as I have an m220.   I love the boat already have 75hrs on it.   I have made the wakeboard wake fully loaded but I am just not a good enough wake boarder to tell you much about it.   It was way too much for me so had to tone it way down for me to ride back there.    Wave looks very intimidating to me tall and steep.  I will have to step up my game if I want to wakeboard behind this boat.  

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Reveille said:

Wave looks very intimidating to me tall and steep.  

That is a pretty good indicator :)

And this pic from the promo videos is fairly encouraging. Not sure I have ever seen a wake that cleen for that long. 

image.thumb.png.bdb7362d6b097abb1bf163b99ba3ba92.png

5 hours ago, Reveille said:

I would love to help you out as I have an m220.   I love the boat already have 75hrs on it.   I have made the wakeboard wake fully loaded but I am just not a good enough wake boarder to tell you much about it.   It was way too much for me so had to tone it way down for me to ride back there.    Wave looks very intimidating to me tall and steep.  I will have to step up my game if I want to wakeboard behind this boat.  

Lol, I am hoping to get a ride on a demo boat but, if that falls through I may try to talk you into giving me a demo. :) Quick flight to Dallas is a small drop in the bucket compared to a 220!

2 hours ago, geogilbert said:

Lol, I am hoping to get a ride on a demo boat but, if that falls through I may try to talk you into giving me a demo. :) Quick flight to Dallas is a small drop in the bucket compared to a 220!

Why would a dealer turn you down for a demo ride?

51 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Why would a dealer turn you down for a demo ride?

Not that at all, They dont have a demo boat yet and it is getting cold in Ohio. Dealer has been great! 
Dallas however is quite a bit warmer. 

4 minutes ago, geogilbert said:

Not that at all, They dont have a demo boat yet and it is getting cold in Ohio. Dealer has been great! 
Dallas however is quite a bit warmer. 

Why not just have your dealer arrange a factory visit?  I am sure there is a demo boat on the lot somewhere...

54 minutes ago, eubanks said:

Finally, somebody wanting to wakeboard!  I’d love to know about the wake as well.  Video from the side doesn’t tell much of the story. 

Ya, the videos look good but no comparison to riding it. 

I got a good buddy that is going on a demo Wednesday.   I would love to join, but can't swing it with a few other things going on.    I'll try to let you know his report.   

On 10/2/2020 at 11:22 AM, Reveille said:

How does it ride in the rough water compared to other boats you have been in?  My intuition tells me the M220 lines up with the X22 fairly closely.  That boat plows through the rough stuff.  

On 10/4/2020 at 10:02 AM, Five Cent Worth said:

How does it ride in the rough water compared to other boats you have been in?  My intuition tells me the M220 lines up with the X22 fairly closely.  That boat plows through the rough stuff.  

It rides great through the rough stuff.   I have been out in some pretty rough waters and it handled it just fine.   Set the speed around 25mph and you are good.  

On 10/4/2020 at 7:45 AM, ahopkinsVTX said:

@NAW, have you been behind the M220 yet?

We actually just got our first one here in AZ today.  I'll be unwrapping it and hopefully get it on the water by the weekend if I can squeeze it in.  Dying to get behind it, but customer boats come first around here.

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, NAW said:

We actually just got our first one here in AZ today.  I'll be unwrapping it and hopefully get it on the water by the weekend if I can squeeze it in.  Dying to get behind it, but customer boats come first around here.

Well, when you do, please post pics!

• Like 2

Well, my buddy demo’d the M220.......and didn’t wakeboard behind it (bum knee).  He said the wakeboard wake cleaned up nicely and looked like it would be great, but didn’t get to put a board on it.  

He did surf it and said it was great and compared it to a loaded 25LSV, which they had about 7 people on the M220 as extra weight.  

• 9 months later...

I’m still playing with The wakeboard wave. I can’t seem to find a place where it matches my skill level and is consistent. I’m the only one that typically wakeboards. 
M220 full ballast wedge on 2.

After much trial and error I am running 75% in rears with PnP. Full center. 400lbs led about mid ship. Empty in the front. And wedge 3 or 4. 

Wake is amazing. If you hold your edge to the top you will fly. 

Oh ya, 70ft at 21.8 or 76 at 22.4

Edited by geogilbert
15 hours ago, geogilbert said:

After much trial and error I am running 75% in rears with PnP. Full center. 400lbs led about mid ship. Empty in the front. And wedge 3 or 4. 

Wake is amazing. If you hold your edge to the top you will fly. 

Oh ya, 70ft at 21.8 or 76 at 22.4

That ain't for the faint of heart....  :rockon:

• 4 weeks later...

I rode it loaded with extra 500lbs of lead and 3 people.  Very tall and steep with not as much transition to land on as expected.  I rode at 80' at 23.2 mph , wedge on 3 and it was awesome!  Booted and lots of floaty feel with not much extra edge.  Just gauge your distance if you are a wake to wake rider because you will land hard in the trough if you cut a little harder.  The only complaint I had was that if you put the wedge at anything above 3 it starts to porpoise with lots of weight in it.  But it definitely gives you a very similar wake to the G21.  i have been on both fully loaded.