Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel Pump Relay keeps failing

Howdy mates.  Used 2019 T22, bought in late July with just under 200 hours.  I've put 45 hours on it to date.  3 weeks ago, had the boat out for a few hours in the morning, docked and shut down for lunch, came back to it, wouldnt start (engine cranks fine...turn off, turn on, note that I dont hear the sound of the fuel pump "getting ready").  Troubleshooting found fuel pump relay to be culprit.  Replaced and I'm up and running.  Next outing a week later was uneventful.  Next outing after that was yesterday: Dropped boat in the water, wouldnt start, same symptoms as last trouble.  I immediately replaced fuel pump relay and it started right away.  Didnt have any more spare relays, so I spent the next 5 hours on the water without ever turning the engine off (hope my impeller isn't shot cause there was plenty of idling happening).

So I'm a little worried I've got a bigger problem on my hands.  Does this sound like a known issue to anyone?  Thanks in advance for any advice!

311YTjxjwRL._AC_.jpg

No Active Fault Codes, 4 Inactives (though I have yet to find their definitions anywhere):

1. SPN 1349 FMI 5
  2. SPN 924 FMI 5
  3. SPN 3222 FMI 4
  4. SPN 3232 FMI 4
Edited by liverlips
typo
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Thank you @csleaver. Do you know how urgent this is to get addressed? Trying to figure out if i need to cut the vacation short or if I'll be okay for a few more days.