Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop Puller Type

Prop Puller Type  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of prop puller do you think works best?

• C-Clamp
    • Harmonic

C-Clamp.
Wouldn’t feel comfortable to bang on the driveshaft using the harmonic puller.
Too much unnecessary stress on the transmission IMHO. And there’s the rudder that’s obviously in the way as well.

Just popped a dinged prop off my SN this morning without any issue using my old OJ C-Clamp puller.
Boat was on the lift with me standing up to the chest in the water, balancing on the frame and holding on to the lift with one hand. Took a couple hits and the prop came right off.

Edited by Chaabo

I've used both and to a certain extent they work the same way.  you are supposed to bang on the side of both of them.  The advantage of the c-clamp style is it applies a little bit of pulling pressure to make it work easier.  The c-clamp style is not intended to pull the prop off and many people bend them trying to crank the living crap out of them.

I have both and much prefer the c-clamp. Tighten a bit and hit it.... tighten a bit and hit it, etc.

With harmonic its all about the banging which causes the harmonic vibration. If you change your prop often its not a bad option.... but if its occasional, I have had several props that I could not remove with just the harmonic, either had to add some heat (which is not preferable)... or get the c-clamp out. If one or the other, I prefer the c-clamp all day

I bought the harmonic trying to be cheap. The boat was a 2020 with 70 hours and it would not work. Prop was just coming off for a swap so there was no damage. 

I borrowed a c clamp style and it was off in 5 minutes. I’d recommend the C clamp style.