Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 Wakesetter power button / Viper II screen issues

NortherlyBoot88

So, I bought a 2017 23LSV back in December of last year. The bought has ran flawlessly this season despite my screens freezing up (maybe happened 4 times this season, 60 hours of engine run time, probably 4 - 5x of running the stereo with engine off). Each time it’s happened I had to turn the batteries off to reset. Awful sound it makes when you do that too, and know that it’s probably not good for the ECU to do that without properly powering down. 

Fast forward to this weekend and the boat powers up perfectly, run it for maybe ten mins and then go to turn it off and have different issues. Engine start / stop button worked fine to kill the engine, whenever I pressed the power button though it only made the screen go dim, almost like the night mode button. I did some research and unplugged the Ethernet cable that tethers the 12inch main screen to the 7inch side screen, and then unplugged the main 7inch wiring harness from the back and it seemed to do the trick. 

I guess my question is, do I have a bigger issue or just intermittent screen issues happening? Thanks in advance for any help here.

-Clint 

I have not put it on an Ohms meter yet, but will try that. And right, I thought it was bizarre that it would turn on correctly every time I tried after the forced shut off and killing the batteries. It seemed like it was confusing the dimming function with actually turning the screens off. Just really bizarre.