Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu TXI Drain Questions

Teamshira

Looking for some guidance on draining my boat on the lift.  The water drain isn’t in the lowest point of the boat.  So when I pull the drain plug under the engine block the water never drains out of the ski/rope locker.  I remove the rubber plug.  

Edited by Teamshira

Welcome to the ‘crew!  Any pics of the boat? We love pics 👍😁

I thought you were asking how to drain your bank account, which the ‘crew is definitely able to help.

regardless, yes, the only way I drain the locker is through old fashioned bailing with a cup on my ‘12. Crazy...but seemingly true.

Thank you.  That is a bummer. I dry mine with towels and sponges.   I done get why Malibu would design it like that.   Should put the drain plug at the lowest point.  Which seems to be the ski locker.  Unbelievable.   I have trying to figure out how to put pictures out using this forum.  Looks like the only way is I save them in the cloud.  

18 hours ago, Teamshira said:

Thank you.  That is a bummer. I dry mine with towels and sponges.   I done get why Malibu would design it like that.   Should put the drain plug at the lowest point.  Which seems to be the ski locker.  Unbelievable.   I have trying to figure out how to put pictures out using this forum.  Looks like the only way is I save them in the cloud.  

supporting members can post directly with size limitations, $25 fir a year of happiness and great info😇

• 2 years later...

I have a a txi. So I’ve been pushing the water by hand into the drain hole but doesn’t get all of it so like all I use a towel to get the rest. Stupid question. Does the water drained from the locker go into the bilge then out the drain plug??  Lol.