Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Just got my new 2007 VLX home and have some questions...


Recommended Posts

Just picked up a 2007 VLX to replace my 1998 (which will be listed as soon as I have time!).

1) Switches... one of these two Acc switches has power connected to it... manual says could be shower, dock lights, or tower lights... my shower switch is in the rear locker so not that... I don’t have tower or dock lights... any idea where it goes?

2) Rear port locker has these wires hanging down... what are these from?  (Does Malibu publish wiring diagrams or have consistent wire colors documented somewhere?)

3) This piece of flooring was kicking around in the boat... what is it from?

Thanks!  Will have more questions as I dig into the boat more :)

IMG_4943.jpeg

IMG_4941.jpeg

IMG_4942.jpeg

Link to post

1.  My ACC toggles also had power, but weren't connected.  They just lit up when turned on.  I eventually had docking lights installed and and had my dealer wire into them. 

2.  Those wires are a part of the harness that wraps around the boat.  I used them to add an aftermarket under water drain plug light. I had to plug in a light to see which toggle it was on.

3.  That looks like the drivers kick plate that goes under the dash.

Link to post
3 hours ago, bovhica said:

1.  My ACC toggles also had power, but weren't connected.  They just lit up when turned on.  I eventually had docking lights installed and and had my dealer wire into them. 

2.  Those wires are a part of the harness that wraps around the boat.  I used them to add an aftermarket under water drain plug light. I had to plug in a light to see which toggle it was on.

3.  That looks like the drivers kick plate that goes under the dash.

So those wires are just extras that run back up under the dash or to the fuse panel?

Thanks!!

Link to post
1 hour ago, gvb said:

So those wires are just extras that run back up under the dash or to the fuse panel?

Thanks!!

Yep....looks like previous owner had something hooked up to them.  You can utilize them or zip tie them back up to the harness.

Link to post
22 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

are the holes in that dash panel for mounting the rounded rocker switches of that era boats a normal rocker switch rectangle opening?

That era of Carling Thomas switch used a rectangular swith body with a curved faceplate.  IIRC you can see an empty faceplate on Greatlakesskipper.com

Link to post

perfect place to substitute an acc used for stereo for a BT Rocker switch transceiver as a source for head unit or EQ in the side pocket replacing HU and very convenient button push to control all audio functions on dash where you never need your phone or have to open the side pocket and it has remote power out to turn on whole system with its power button 

Edited by granddaddy55
Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...

Couple more questions...

What are these black rubber pieces?  They look like they’d fit over a pop-out cleat?

What are these poles for?  I think I remember seeing a tower held up by something like this, but can’t find anything.

Thanks!

9815B1DB-0B8C-424C-802F-3CA4435067AB.jpeg

C1A90565-1FE9-479E-9CA5-4E68CF2AC0FF.jpeg

Link to post
1 hour ago, gvb said:

Couple more questions...

What are these black rubber pieces?  They look like they’d fit over a pop-out cleat?

What are these poles for?  I think I remember seeing a tower held up by something like this, but can’t find anything.

Thanks!

 

 

The black things can be sewn into the cover to allow the use of the cleats with the cover on, so you had those figured out. 

The poles should also be for a cover. Should go into black disks on a cover to hold it up, the disks should also be vents to help it breathe a bit better.

Link to post
28 minutes ago, asnowman said:

The black things can be sewn into the cover to allow the use of the cleats with the cover on, so you had those figured out. 

The poles should also be for a cover. Should go into black disks on a cover to hold it up, the disks should also be vents to help it breathe a bit better.

Previous owner had cover stolen... thanks for the info!

Link to post
On 10/19/2020 at 3:32 AM, jhartt3 said:

order a cover from Corey at evolution covers then

 

Ended up with a smoking deal from Bald Mike on a cover that he had returned.

Link to post

Ok, two more questions...

The first picture... I'm assuming this is a trash bag (similar to what Ford used to put in their trucks)?  Am I right?  Where is this thing supposed to be stored on the boat?

Second picture... what are these plastic things on the engine covers?  Flip-flop holders?  LOL

IMG_5181.JPG

IMG_5180.JPG

Link to post
32 minutes ago, gvb said:

Ok, two more questions...

The first picture... I'm assuming this is a trash bag (similar to what Ford used to put in their trucks)?  Am I right?  Where is this thing supposed to be stored on the boat?

Second picture... what are these plastic things on the engine covers?  Flip-flop holders?  LOL

IMG_5181.JPG

IMG_5180.JPG

Engine cover pockets are for whatever misc items. 
 

Vinyl bag thing is a protective cover for your walk thru screen that stows on the starboard side of the engine panels. 

Link to post
1 minute ago, T-rev said:

Engine cover pockets are for whatever misc items. 
 

Vinyl bag thing is a protective cover for your walk thru screen that stows on the starboard side of the engine panels. 

Ahh!  That makes sense.  Thanks!

I actually removed the brackets from the engine divider on the driver side for this to prevent damage to the ballast bags... did the same on the port side with the brackets for the table.

I think I may remove those engine cover storage bins as well once I get a chance to fill the bags up completely and see if they hit or not.

Edited by gvb
Link to post

Those engine cover storage bins have a tendency to break at the corners so if you are not using them I would suggest removing them and saving until you sell the boat. We never found a good use for them.

Link to post
1 minute ago, BearCreekBum said:

Those engine cover storage bins have a tendency to break at the corners so if you are not using them I would suggest removing them and saving until you sell the boat. We never found a good use for them.

Perfect!

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...