Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 or 2021 LSV 23

guitarcrazy

24 minutes ago, guitarcrazy said:

Thanks for the reply.  We trailer once in April to the cabin, and then once in September when it comes home.  Trailer isn't much of a consideration for us, thankfully.  

Make sure you get the transom steps and front steps on the trailer. I almost passed on the front ones. I am so glad I didn’t. 

ahopkins22LSV

@NWBU I agree with his assessment other than the docking lights. I don’t use them a ton but when I do, they help so much coming in at night. I will probably always get them. I also agree that transom steps on the trailer are huge. 

If the wake view bench on the 2021 moves full length up to near the drivers seat with the flip over cup holder/table on the back side I would have to give it a real hard look. I wished we had that option on my 19. As it stands the best part about my wake view bench on my 19 is that w/o that fiberglass box cover that comes on the non wvb equipped boats the VD is a lot easier to access and service/clean. JM2C

Edited by wdr
5 hours ago, guitarcrazy said:

Trying to decide on options I could live without.  Any of these absolutely worth the cost?  Let me know your thoughts. 

Colors: Considering white and Tuscan Gold. 

Options:

White Malibu logo - $381 Personal preference.  I have white logo and like it.

White Tower - $638  I think the krinkle powder coat is prone to collecting dirt.  How meticulous are you about this?

White Tower Hoop - $434  If you do the tower, I'd do the hoop.

Dock Lights - $638  Yes, they provide quite a bit of light.

360 Degree Light - $893  ?

Swim Step - $2295  Depends on your crew.  Little kids and wife, yes.  Bunch of dudes, pass.

Wakeview Bench - $2824  I don't consider this to be mandatory, but we use ours quite a bit.

I regret not getting the fold down step seat.  I assumed everyone would enter from the swim platform and through the walk-through, but since the swim platform is tapered so much it isn't very accessible from the dock.

Edited by sigar
17 hours ago, guitarcrazy said:

Trying to decide on options I could live without.  Any of these absolutely worth the cost?  Let me know your thoughts. 

Colors: Considering white and Tuscan Gold. 

Options:

White Malibu logo - $381 Yes, considering your color choices

White Tower - $638  Yes, considering your color choices

White Tower Hoop - $434  Yes, considering your color choices

Dock Lights - $638  You may find this helpful considering your boat lives on a hoist like ours does.  There are many an evening where we've had dinner with friends after a day on the water and don't get back to the hoist until well after dark that the docking lights are a HUGE benefit.  

360 Degree Light - $893  I wouldn't be checking that box.

Swim Step - $2295  I'm torn on this, but most likely would not check the box.  Better half says there's no need for it.

Wakeview Bench - $2824 I'm torn on this as well.  I like the idea, the kids would like it, but in the same respect, if we had it the kids would spend less time in the bow.  We like them up there for the added human ballast.  Also, I've been on a few boats with this option and I find that it clutters up the cabin space.  If I were getting a 25 LSV I would check the box.  Not sure on the 23.  

My thoughts above, but I think you know where I stand based on our PM's.

• Like 1

Thanks Slayer.   If we go Gold and White I will be getting  white tower and logo.  My adult kids aren't too excited about the gold so still working on the design.  Leaning towards swim step and possibly dock lights.  We don't ever surf at night so probably skip on the 360 light.  I really thought the dealer was going to be more motivated to move the 2020s, but in the end the price delta was closer to what you were seeing, which wasn't worth it in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, guitarcrazy said:

Thanks Slayer.   If we go Gold and White I will be getting  white tower and logo.  My adult kids aren't too excited about the gold so still working on the design.  Leaning towards swim step and possibly dock lights.  We don't ever surf at night so probably skip on the 360 light.  I really thought the dealer was going to be more motivated to move the 2020s, but in the end the price delta was closer to what you were seeing, which wasn't worth it in my opinion. 

I completely agree.  We're going to our dealer for a visit a week from tomorrow.  We're hoping to finalize our plans in terms of ordering one, or potentially buying a slightly used '21 that I have a lead on. 

Yes on everything white as it goes with your color scheme.  We have the docking lights and only used them once the whole season so that would be a pass.  No to the 360 light.  Swim step and wakeview bench=yes!  We have both and used both all season.  

• 3 weeks later...

Beside the transom walkthrough what features are new/changed for MY 2021 on the 23 LSV? I keep hearing "all new model" but the changes must be subtle? 

(I'm upgrading from a 2015 22 VLX to a 2021 23 LSV.)

Edited by mgoyer
ahopkins22LSV
6 hours ago, mgoyer said:

Beside the transom walkthrough what features are new/changed for MY 2021 on the 23 LSV? I keep hearing "all new model" but the changes must be subtle? 

(I'm upgrading from a 2015 22 VLX to a 2021 23 LSV.)

The whole interior layout is different. The whole hull is different too. If possible, go sit in one at a dealer and then go in a 2020 if they still have one. You’ll notice how the whole boat has changed.