Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sterling Associates - Anyone with experience?

bcoppess23

Has anyone used or heard of Sterling Associates?  Are they a reputable lender?  They appear to have some of the best loan rates in the industry.  Trying to gain a feel for them from others.  Are there recommendations on other companies?

https://www.boatbanker.com/

Edited by bcoppess23
13 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

Has anyone used or heard of Sterling Associates?  Are they a reputable lender?  They appear to have some of the best loan rates in the industry.  Trying to gain a feel for them from others.

https://www.boatbanker.com/

I'm not familiar with them, but the rates do look attractive.  

16 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

I did a quick scan of them on BBB.  ;)

Doesn't seem like much is there. But they have a decent showing on FB and even some videos walking through the boat buying process..  What are your thoughts?

When we bought the '19 we have now we checked a number of lenders that were listed on line and our own bank and credit unions. Bank of the West being one because some friends had used them and one other lender who was affiliated with BotW or who BotW was going through because their rates looked to be the most competitive. When we talked to the dealership finance guy about them he got kind of twitchy about using the other lenders, because in his words, "in his experience it could take as much as a month to get a check from them on previous deals he had worked". In the end, the difference between what the dealer offered and what the other lenders were offering was literally .01% so we went with the dealer just to avoid the computer/phone tag game that I had already been experiencing to that point with the other lenders. Bottom line on going that route will be the  potential money saved and paperwork hassle versus the direct contact piece of mind financing with a lender you already have. At least is was for me. Good luck.

1 hour ago, bcoppess23 said:

Doesn't seem like much is there. But they have a decent showing on FB and even some videos walking through the boat buying process..  What are your thoughts?

Loook for reviews on Sterling Associates.  They are anything but sterling it seems.