Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best surf style boards for Carving

Perch

Hey team,

got a hyper light Landlock as a base starter board, looking for a next level board.  As a slalom skier and carving snowboarder, little interest in tricks, 360’s; all interest in turns and carving....appreciate suggestions!  Surf style Carving Board favorite Suggestions appreciated!

perch do you ride alpine / hardboots? You know what TD3s are? :biggrin:

If you really want to get that deep g-force sensation, the closest you can get on a "surf" board is a wakefoil.  More speed, and more powerful carves than surfing on the surface.  And it feels like a pow day.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We love the Hyperlite automatic and the Libtech Crak'n, closest to surfing you will get.  Some frown on it, but no shame here in surfing with a rope to really draw out you carves.  The hyperlite you can really lay it on the rail and dig in, the Libtech is a bit looser. 

On 9/21/2020 at 7:41 AM, shawndoggy said:

perch do you ride alpine / hardboots? You know what TD3s are? :biggrin:

If you really want to get that deep g-force sensation, the closest you can get on a "surf" board is a wakefoil.  More speed, and more powerful carves than surfing on the surface.  And it feels like a pow day.

I've been snowboarding since 89 and hard boots since 92, love my td3s and my 3 Coilers!

Also looking for a carving wakesurfer. We just moved to a vdrive and are working out the kinks of wakesurfing. Once we figure it out our whole crew really wants that surfy/carvy feel rather than tricks. Good to know others do too.

Edited by bandStrider
On 6/29/2021 at 7:18 AM, bandStrider said:

I've been snowboarding since 89 and hard boots since 92, love my td3s and my 3 Coilers!

Also looking for a carving wakesurfer. We just moved to a vdrive and are working out the kinks of wakesurfing. Once we figure it out our whole crew really wants that surfy/carvy feel rather than tricks. Good to know others do too.

older model p5 Ahi 53”, 17 or older, really nice thick surf rail that gives the feeling your asking for because you have that big rail to apply, newer 18 models or later are different boards on their way to boards like the more modern surf style model phantom that every one likes for tricks snd airs with smaller thinner rails to make the board lighter , just surfed a 2021 MC x26 with it and it was a carving blast!!!! GUYS THAT WAVE WAS INSANE , once i got 2 to 3 in bow and others on surf side (along with his presets), fun, playful and long, and BIG!!!

• Like 1