Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trouble Shooting Stern Ballast Bag - Help?

Rosewood

I've a 2019 '21 VLX with factory installed Ballast Bags (fat sacks) in the Stern that fill up once the factory tanks fills (same system).   The factory tanks are filling but only the starboard ballast bag (fat sack) fills up.  I can't seem to figure out why the Port ballast bag (fat sack) wont fill once the factory tank is full....any trouble shooting suggestions? 

I've tried loosing the valves on the bags to port any air trapped, but I don't feel any water coming through the hose.  I believe it uses the same pump as the factory tanks to fill the ballast bags, correct?

Much appreciated!

Cut off Valve in forward bulk head..

I'm trying to think how a cut-off valve would be engaged accidentally?  The ballast bags were filling just fine the day before...good something have gotten wedged in the intake?

Thanks...no kinks or damage...I hear the pump kick on, but nothing is filling...the pump must be working as it is able to evacuate water from the boat, but not suck it in....strange.