Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M5/m6 oil hose thread

agarabaghi

Anyone know the size I want to make an adapter for my oil pump to suck from the hose and not the dipstick.

If anyone has made an adapter to go on the tiny dipstick size tube on an extractor and screw into the oil pan hose any help would be appreciated. 

i just shove the plastic extractor tube down the extraction hose and it props itself up leaning on the cats, you have at least 2.5 ft of tube down there, its not coming out, new motor that different?

i just remove the brass npt cap from the threaded fitting on end of hose and shove the tube till it stops, what did they reverse engineer so well to screw that up?

Edited by granddaddy55
13 hours ago, agarabaghi said:

i get it, and i'm sure it will work

but you could just immediately shove the tube down the male threaded uncapped fitting with zero danger of the extraction tube coming off that nipple and it is literally something you can walk away from 

inside of extraction hose never sees oil touch it as plastic tube goes all the way to pan and i pull it back an 1/8 at the end to venturi out the dribs and drabs snd the tube comes out pretty clean except some slickness on the final few inches if any that i wipe off with paper towel as i pull the tube out

i was told i need an adapter by others but when i saw the hose male fitting was exact same width as plastic tube i shoved it down and you know how far because it literally stops at pan or pan fitting

if the changes have been done that way by dealer there may be more oil to wipe off tube the first couple times 

done alot of changes in 1000 hours (800 maintenance by me),  no need for the extra step and tube is long enough for pump to be on swim platform and reach easily to pan

the vdrive and tranny have huge holes to stick the hose down and you dont need an adapter for them 

Edited by granddaddy55