Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 Wakesetter VLX 21 vs. 2004 Malibu Wakestter

KasotaSports

What are differences in the hull and resulting differences in surf wake and wakeboard wake of a fully weighted wakesetter VLX 21 hull for the 2013 - 2014 model year versus the 2004 Wakesetter VLX 21. Specifically the 2013 and 2014 wakesetter VLX hull with Surfgate. I have a 2005 Malibu VRide - 2004 Wakesetter hull - which I run fully weighted - two rear 750 + stock belly + Under bow Nose V Sack + 450 Fat Sack on top of cushion in the bow + 500 Lead wake  in the walkway. I use a Ronix Wakeshaper and manual wedge down to surf. I run the Acme 2079 Prop to Push it. The wakesurf wave is phenomenal with a 3 Person crew. I wakesurf and wake foil every session.  I love the wakeboard wake but hardly wakeboard anymore. I have to take the boat through a bridge and when lake levels are low I fill the bow sacks completely and barely get through. In 2015 the VLX hull jumps to 27” draft which I believe would be a problem.  Not sure what year they started the diamond hull but I assume I don’t want one. I have a dedicated slalom boat.