Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Audio Replacement

MichaelB

Hi Everyone

I have a 2011 Malibu LSV with the Rokford RFX3000 audio system. I am keen to replace it with a Fusion Marine MS-RA770. My question is will it fit ? I am fairly new to this and wondering if anyone has any experience with this kind of upgrade/

Thanking you in advance

Michael

5 minutes ago, MichaelB said:

My question is will it fit

Your existing unit is a black box system with an interface screen and the other is a more traditional unit with close to single DIN dimensions. The factory interface screen is more square, where as the model you are looking at, is not as tall, but is wider then the molded helm location where the existing screen is. Would require some modification and fabrication to fit. 

thats what i was afraid of, wonder if anyone has done it or maybe has some pictures.

I like fusion and yes I realise I will have to re-wire but AIR PLAY appeals to me.

Do you have any suggestions ? 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Following also. I am trying to get a unit with bluetooth to replace the RFX3000 unit. I found the RFX5000 unit on ebay that says bluetooth compatible, but then I see that you need another dongle?? I am terrible at this stuff!

Edited by acarboneau
1 hour ago, acarboneau said:

I am trying to get a unit with bluetooth to replace the RFX3000 unit

If your existing unit is functional, there are a dozen or so universal BT receivers that will work for you, retaining all the rest. 

1 hour ago, acarboneau said:

says bluetooth compatible

This likely means is got a proprietary plug that mates with a unit from the same manufacturer. IIRC, this needed BT unit is also retired.  

My unit works fine I was just looking for other options. I think going with a universal receiver is the best option to try consider the price, and my current system works fine. I've seen the Exile adapter mentioned a lot, so that may be the way I go. Thanks!

• 5 months later...

@BobbyDazzler I am still in the market for a solution, My dash is moulded for the Rokford, Did u come right ? I think @ dhcomp has a great point.

My Rokford is working but i am just keen to upgrade.....