Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Really cool surf wave testing (Axis also)

Bradley Thornton

Personally I thought this was really cool.

You can pause the video on the stats and see all video stats at the same time. 

My thoughts after

Would have loved to seen the T22 also

Axis killed it $ for $ is all sizes 

The the M235 is just in a class by itself. 

https://www.guinnpartners.com/boat-testing/?fbclid=IwAR2GWQ8Vqni0y5xjwXr6jUSRZc0Z_Gpt4vHJiWBUq65dCmc351fyuEQD6gM

Colin Guinn has had a very interesting career: DJI, 3D Robotics, now his own consulting company. There were more than a few drone videos that featured wake sports. I'm not surprised that he put this together. I'll admit I haven't watched the whole video (series) yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if he says that one of the reasons for doing the research is because he was in the market for a new boat.

5 hours ago, mikeo said:

Colin Guinn has had a very interesting career: DJI, 3D Robotics, now his own consulting company. There were more than a few drone videos that featured wake sports. I'm not surprised that he put this together. I'll admit I haven't watched the whole video (series) yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if he says that one of the reasons for doing the research is because he was in the market for a new boat.

Guinn did this study, because they were hired by Malibu to do so. These came out a couple years ago, and are as biased/rigged as any "study" done by any other manufacturer lately.

Still fun to watch though.

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, WooPig said:

20 VTX puts up better numbers than the G25...:unsure:

As in my original post I only talked about Malibu comparing them because as stated somebody paid the bill AKA Malibu so the results are subjective at best.  

It stats

• Settings: All boats tested with factory presets or factory recommended settings including Ballast & Surf System. No extra ballast was added to the boats. If Plug N Play was an available option and installed at the factory, then the recommended sacks where connected and utilized.

So my best guess is the G25 had no Plug N Play and the 20 VTX did.

What I took from it was the A22 is $ for $ on point. The T23 and 23LSV really just add a foot so if you need the room in the boat its the better buy. I would have loved to have seen the T22 but looking at all the info I would guess it would be the same as the 22LSV and that is the same as the A22. Most say that the T22 surfs better.

I have a buddy that has had most the Malibu's listed and he like the T23 the best $ for $ (he hasn't had the M240 or M235 or the 25LSV) 

Seen this web site previously.  Certainly is a point of reference for how the different boats stack up with "stock" configurations.  Even if the Malibu with PNP does have an advantage over non PNP on other boats.  

Would have liked to see the M240 against the G25 Paragon.  That to me is a more of a direct comparison.  Not against the now "normal" G25.   But I guess the Paragons may have shown up the M240.  Similar sure an X26 may out perform some Malibu's as well.  

Maybe someday someone will test all the similar level boats between manufacturers in an more unbiased way.  

I’m not saying my VTX would beat a G25 or whatever, but the wave is incredibly good for a 20’ boat. I consistently have people that have been behind a lot of boats on our be blown away by it and one of them has a 2018 T22 that said mine is better. So don’t doubt the little guy! Btw, I only run 300lbs of extra lead. 

• Like 2