Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Upgrading to smaller boat

Rduffell

We’re in the process of selling our 2011 247 LSV and are looking at moving to a 2017+ 22 MXZ. I’m curious if anyone has done so and regretted it.  There’s normally no more than 6-8 in our crew.  Obviously the bigger boat is more comfortable but not sure it’s worth the additional cost when upgrading.  I appreciate any input. Thanks!

11 hours ago, Rduffell said:

We’re in the process of selling our 2011 247 LSV and are looking at moving to a 2017+ 22 MXZ. I’m curious if anyone has done so and regretted it.  There’s normally no more than 6-8 in our crew.  Obviously the bigger boat is more comfortable but not sure it’s worth the additional cost when upgrading.  I appreciate any input. Thanks!

i dont think its worth buying bigger upgrade if you dont.   but traditional to pickle fork and smaller! the one 22 i walked thru a 2012 a22 was cavernous compared to my a20 

don't the newer boats have wider beams, could make up fir some of lost cabin length

i regularly see young crews 8-14 in 22 pickle fork Malibu Mxz/Axis A and they look like they are having fun