Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 23 LSV Order

Slayer

12 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

Congrats, @Slayer!! Will be a great looking boat!  Is that Nassau blue hull?  Hard to tell in the angles of the boat builder.  What is the top stitching?  I saw that as an option but do not believe it was selected on ours.

Thanks, @bcoppess23!!

It is Nassau Blue.  Top stitching is using colored stitching on the dash and vinyl.  So in our case, that color will be Nassau Blue.  

ahopkins22LSV

My vote is gel option 1 (if it counts :lol:). Option list looks good but I would maybe look at the cost different in one set of tower speakers and suggest adding the power seat. Power seat is a must have imo. Even though I am 6’1”, I use it almost every time out. 

32 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

My vote is gel option 1 (if it counts :lol:). Option list looks good but I would maybe look at the cost different in one set of tower speakers and suggest adding the power seat. Power seat is a must have imo. Even though I am 6’1”, I use it almost every time out. 

You must have read the list to quickly.  The powerlift helm is on the list.  It's a must have for us as well and we're shorter than you!  

ahopkins22LSV
11 minutes ago, Slayer said:

You must have read the list to quickly.  The powerlift helm is on the list.  It's a must have for us as well and we're shorter than you!  

Yup, apparently I did! I’ll go get more coffee..

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

I've looked at both of those.  I love tan.....can't get the better half to agree....

5 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I've looked at both of those.  I love tan.....can't get the better half to agree....

Opposite here.  Only way we get anything new is 1) walk thru and 2) tan interior.  She is pretty adamant about both.  

3 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Opposite here.  Only way we get anything new is 1) walk thru and 2) tan interior.  She is pretty adamant about both.  

Perhaps I should send you my better half's phone number and your people can talk to my people?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Does this mean you are upgrading then...?

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Slayer said:

Well, it looks like today is the day for us to place our order.  There are only a couple of items left to finalize.  We struggled a lot with this build.  We both really like black a lot.  Our current VLX is nearly all black and our Response LXi  ahs a black hull as well. I really like sepia brown interior, she does not.  I really like some flake and she's not opposed but it's not a must have for us.  She loves blue, I'm good with it, but prefer others.  We saw a boat at our local dealer in Nassau Blue.  It's a very nice color.  I've since seen some pictures of Nassau Blue and showed here one that looks just like this and she loves it.  Unfortunately, like most colors, the boat builder doesn't do the greatest job representing the color.  Here's where we're headed.

984505366_NassauBlueEbony2.thumb.png.7a702945748319d588e0686d3a2b9eaf.png264434200_NassauBlueEbony1.thumb.png.2559b833a06e4bada6e590c23dde70d3.png2006212287_NassauBlueEbonyInterior.thumb.png.d2643f2955c601540ef1109e7b8844bf.png

The interior would be the same with either gel scheme.  The second one above is the one that got the attention of the better half.  It's 90% that we're going that route.  The other that has Nassau blue on the deck aft of the tower is reflected primarily to get some opinion from TMC.  As for options, we've decided on the following:

• Dash top stictch
  • Boat top stictch
  • Gen II Surf Bimini
  • M6
  • Speed Prop
  • Surf Pipe
  • 3-outlet Heater
  • 23 LSV Pack Sound with (4) Icon 8's and (1) 12" Sub - Yes, I know some may give me some grief about this.  I'd love to rock some serious tunes out, but I have little time to mess with it so we've decided to simply roll with what the factory provides.  
  • Transom Remote
  • PTM Clamping Racks
  • Bow phone holders
  • Deck Trac
  • Malibu Ice Box (may opt out of this)
  • Power Lift Helm Seat
  • Wakeview Bench with Table
  • Soft Grip Floor
  • Back up camera
  • Pull Up Cleats - 3 pair
  • Docking lights
  • Underwater Transom Lights - Blue

We're pretty excited about it.  We have the VLX for sale, but we're also getting a decent number on the trade so for purposes of expediency, and the tax benefit, we're trading it in.  The other reason we elected to trade is that IF, for whatever reason, the boat isn't delivered by spring 2020 when we're ready to use it, we still have the VLX.

Congrats!!! When is your build date

11 minutes ago, Brandonloos21 said:

Congrats!!! When is your build date

Not sure yet.  I made a few changes today and am awaiting the dealer to provide me with the revised build sheet an order information so I can confirm the accuracy of everything.  

• Like 1

Looks great.  I am still a bit unsure about our color choices but in the end it was good to have it done.  There are so many choices you can easily get bogged down. 

Our order is officially placed.  We decided on this one.

image.png.0220cc0f67a5841472925d13d151c9d1.png

image.thumb.png.537afba96a0097ab09ac74c6420ad131.png

Our key must have options include:

• M6
  • Standard Prop and Speed Prop
  • Gen II Bimini with boar storage
  • PTM Clamping Racks
  • Wakeview Bench and table.
  • Back up camera
  • Transom Remote
  • Walk Through Filler Cushion
  • Sport Dash
  • Soft Grip Floor
  • Deck Trac Non-skid complete deck kit
  • Powerlift Helm Seat
  • Bow phone holders
  • Wireless charging
  • 3 pair of pull up cleats
  • Docking lights
  • Transom lights 
  • 3 Outlet Heater
  • Boat and Dash top stitch

We went with the standard 14" wheels on the trailer.  It's nice to have the 18's, but completely unnecessary for the cost in our opinion.  

Anything "must have" that we missed??  We didn't see the value in the fold down swim step.  Not interested for the $$ .  I'd rather reserve that cash for fuel.

• Like 2

"We didn't see the value in the fold down swim step" Absolutely love ours and I would not get another boat with out one. If you use your boat a lot, you will probably wish you had it, especially if you have little ones.

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, wdr said:

"We didn't see the value in the fold down swim step" Absolutely love ours and I would not get another boat with out one. If you use your boat a lot, you will probably wish you had it, especially if you have little ones.

I understand your position.  I get the allure.  For us, we simply didn't see the value.  It was on the build sheet and the better half said "in no way am I spending money on this.  We aren't old enough to need it so maybe when we order a boat in our mid 60's, we check that box."  Our youngest turns 9 in January and the oldest is 14.  As long as their limbs are functional, they'll be just fine.  

When the water is still warming up, my wife likes it the most and all the other wives we boat with are jealous. You can do a lot of things very discreetly when you are actually sitting in the water.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, wdr said:

When the water is still warming up, my wife likes it the most and all the other wives we boat with are jealous. You can do a lot of things very discreetly when you are actually sitting in the water.

Ha ha was thinking the same thing!  Wife and both my daughters have found the the platform very useful!  We are placing our order on Saturday and will include the swim platform again.  

11 hours ago, Slayer said:

Looks like zyphr blue and graphite, maybe?

Exactly!! Was going back and forth between black flake and the zephyr flake.  Luckily there was a brand new 23 LSV at my dealer that had the zephyr flake and after taking a look that sealed it! 

• Like 2