Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 23 LSV Order

Slayer

On 9/23/2020 at 5:00 PM, Outlaw said:

Ok.... didn't read all the posts. A 2020 23 LSV with M6 and Standard prop here. Didn't think I needed a Torque prop with the M6. It doesn't need it in my relatively inexperienced opinion. Not sure Id go with a speed prop but the standard works fine with 6-7 average size folks in the boat. I have the cruise set to 10.8 mph for surfing and depending on the number of people and always run full ballast rpms are 3500-3600. Maybe 3700 if bigger folks. Great wave, not torque prop.

The engine purrs at 3400-3500. I usually run when cruising at 3460-3490.... a tick under 3500..... just because. Gives me 24-25 mph with my wife and I, no ballast if smooth water.

I love the swim deck step. Also love the fold down rear seats/steps. For our older relatives that step makes it much easier for ingress/exit.

Blue lights are a must for night cruising...........    non-boat folks love them.

The top.... I didn't think we'd use it..... I was wrong. (is it called a bimini?).... use the foldup top all the time for shade.

We LOVE the boat. Wouldn't ever go less than the M6.... Next LSV I'll probably spring for the 550 hp..... just because.....  well really.... I hate it when the bass boys blow by me...... sorry racin' in the blood. I think the 550 hp will allow me to run a speed prop and surf at the same rpms. (maybe surprise a few bass boats)  Geez I hate getting passed. Gotta grow up..... racin' in the blood

At 50 hrs our impeller crapped. apparently will be a recall fix for a new circ pump over the winter. Middle tank full pump crapped out. no big deal... warranty. I installed a WiFi node at our dock so I could update the LSV's software on the lift. Done that once.... too cool to update the software while sitting on the water. BTW... that took much longer than I expected. Better part of 20-25 minutes. I was afraid something was stuck.... nope.... just big program apparently.

Anyway.... too late for your order maybe..... but M6 I think is good with the Standard pitch prop and much nicer when you're just sight seeing.  Cheers.... Love the boat. Haven't seen another boat nicer than ours.  Cheers

Also, how fast do you think you could top out at with a speed prop and the supercharged lt4, I’m intrigued 

49 minutes ago, Brandonloos21 said:

Also, how fast do you think you could top out at with a speed prop and the supercharged lt4, I’m intrigued 

I'm not sure why that's even a concern.  I understand being intrigued by the performance of the LT4 however I don't know what effect it would really have on the top end.  

30 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I'm not sure why that's even a concern.  I understand being intrigued by the performance of the LT4 however I don't know what effect it would really have on the top end.  

He's just saying that with more power and torque, a speed prop could be run, and could also potentially surf with same prop.

3 minutes ago, Brandonloos21 said:

He's just saying that with more power and torque, a speed prop could be run, and could also potentially surf with same prop.

Thanks for the clarification.  Clearly I was confused.  

To that point though, I would think that the speed prop with the M6 would be fine for surfing around +/- 1,000' ASL.  I'm thinking speed prop on my order. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Thanks for the clarification.  Clearly I was confused.  

To that point though, I would think that the speed prop with the M6 would be fine for surfing around +/- 1,000' ASL.  I'm thinking speed prop on my order. 

Got any pics of your build sheet/colors? Were stuck on colors! Where are you ordering from?

7 minutes ago, Brandonloos21 said:

Got any pics of your build sheet/colors? Were stuck on colors! Where are you ordering from?

We are nearly settled.  Right now, it's looking like Nassua Blue and Black in some configuration.  As far as who we're ordering from......that's not yet settled either.  I've spoken with 2 different dealers and have been told 2 different stories....

11 minutes ago, Slayer said:

We are nearly settled.  Right now, it's looking like Nassua Blue and Black in some configuration.  As far as who we're ordering from......that's not yet settled either.  I've spoken with 2 different dealers and have been told 2 different stories....

Where are you located and what did they say, somewhat dealing with the same thing right now... We test drove a nassau blue and black one this weekend!! Here's an image of it. Were looking to potentially go with graphite and vapor blue with the sepia brown interior! Which do you like best of the 3 vapor blues?

7UNzpyR.jpeg

tPQBzQU.jpegGc6bhvm.jpegKLfOAy7.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Brandonloos21 said:

Where are you located and what did they say, somewhat dealing with the same thing right now... We test drove a nassau blue and black one this weekend!! Here's an image of it. Were looking to potentially go with graphite and vapor blue with the sepia brown interior! Which do you like best of the 3 vapor blues?

7UNzpyR.jpeg

tPQBzQU.jpegGc6bhvm.jpegKLfOAy7.jpeg

Of the 3 vapor blue ones you posted, I prefer the bottom one.  However, I will say that vapor blue flake against black is sexy as ever!  I saw a VTX at our local dealer that had that color scheme and it's down right awesome!!  

1 minute ago, Slayer said:

Of the 3 vapor blue ones you posted, I prefer the bottom one.  However, I will say that vapor blue flake against black is sexy as ever!  I saw a VTX at our local dealer that had that color scheme and it's down right awesome!!  

I have never seen it in person, and I feel that the boat builder does not do it justice!

5 minutes ago, Brandonloos21 said:

I have never seen it in person, and I feel that the boat builder does not do it justice!

It does it zero justice.  

The one you demoed looks great.  The boat builder does Nassue zero justice as well.  

5 minutes ago, Slayer said:

It does it zero justice.  

The one you demoed looks great.  The boat builder does Nassue zero justice as well.  

Youd think they would update the builder!

Youd think they would update the builder!

I think it's more of a limitation of color replication electronically.  It's much more clear in photos than anything. 

Our 2017 22VLX is nearly all black.  Our Response LXi also has a black hull.  I'm trying to minimize it if possible but it's hard because it looks so damn good.    

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

Nassau blue is a really nice color. I know this picture sucks, but maybe it gives a decent look at it.

IMG-3491.jpg

I agree.  I wasn't really thrilled with it until I saw it in the flesh.  It changed my opinion considerably.  

9 minutes ago, ndahlberg12 said:

We are considering Nassau with charcoal flake in an A22. But I haven’t been able to see it in person yet so it’s holding things up considerably. 

C7A696EB-94A1-4794-AE94-EEE3C3E59FBB.jpeg

Having seen it in the flesh, I can attest it's a very nice color.  We really like it.  What you just shared looks awesome.  Inland boat company had a 23 LSV with a similar scheme on their site.  I think it's still there but it's sold.  Last I looked they still had pics of it.  Check it out. 

4 hours ago, Brandonloos21 said:

The boat builder does not do the colors any justice. I almost ordered a different color scheme on my 2019. And then I was scrolling through only outboards for different color schemes. 
I found one in the exact colors and scheme of what I was going to order. I am so glad I saw actual pictures of the boat. We would have hated it. So if you can take the time and scroll through all of the sites for actual photos. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

The boat builder does not do the colors any justice. I almost ordered a different color scheme on my 2019. And then I was scrolling through only outboards for different color schemes. 
I found one in the exact colors and scheme of what I was going to order. I am so glad I saw actual pictures of the boat. We would have hated it. So if you can take the time and scroll through all of the sites for actual photos. 

Thankyou! I have been! We got to go look at a dealership and they had majority of the colors! It was awesome to see in person 

Thankyou! I have been! We got to go look at a dealership and they had majority of the colors! It was awesome to see in person 

Not just the colors. Scheme as well. IE. Classic or Progressive 

14 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

Not just the colors. Scheme as well. IE. Classic or Progressive 

I'm thinking that were leaning towards the aggressive! What is the difference between classic and progressive?

On 10/26/2020 at 4:23 PM, ndahlberg12 said:

We are considering Nassau with charcoal flake in an A22. But I haven’t been able to see it in person yet so it’s holding things up considerably. 

C7A696EB-94A1-4794-AE94-EEE3C3E59FBB.jpeg

Have you looked at nassau and graphite? One of our consideration

Well, it looks like today is the day for us to place our order.  There are only a couple of items left to finalize.  We struggled a lot with this build.  We both really like black a lot.  Our current VLX is nearly all black and our Response LXi  ahs a black hull as well. I really like sepia brown interior, she does not.  I really like some flake and she's not opposed but it's not a must have for us.  She loves blue, I'm good with it, but prefer others.  We saw a boat at our local dealer in Nassau Blue.  It's a very nice color.  I've since seen some pictures of Nassau Blue and showed here one that looks just like this and she loves it.  Unfortunately, like most colors, the boat builder doesn't do the greatest job representing the color.  Here's where we're headed.

984505366_NassauBlueEbony2.thumb.png.7a702945748319d588e0686d3a2b9eaf.png264434200_NassauBlueEbony1.thumb.png.2559b833a06e4bada6e590c23dde70d3.png2006212287_NassauBlueEbonyInterior.thumb.png.d2643f2955c601540ef1109e7b8844bf.png

The interior would be the same with either gel scheme.  The second one above is the one that got the attention of the better half.  It's 90% that we're going that route.  The other that has Nassau blue on the deck aft of the tower is reflected primarily to get some opinion from TMC.  As for options, we've decided on the following:

• Dash top stictch
  • Boat top stictch
  • Gen II Surf Bimini
  • M6
  • Speed Prop
  • Surf Pipe
  • 3-outlet Heater
  • 23 LSV Pack Sound with (4) Icon 8's and (1) 12" Sub - Yes, I know some may give me some grief about this.  I'd love to rock some serious tunes out, but I have little time to mess with it so we've decided to simply roll with what the factory provides.  
  • Transom Remote
  • PTM Clamping Racks
  • Bow phone holders
  • Deck Trac
  • Malibu Ice Box (may opt out of this)
  • Power Lift Helm Seat
  • Wakeview Bench with Table
  • Soft Grip Floor
  • Back up camera
  • Pull Up Cleats - 3 pair
  • Docking lights
  • Underwater Transom Lights - Blue

We're pretty excited about it.  We have the VLX for sale, but we're also getting a decent number on the trade so for purposes of expediency, and the tax benefit, we're trading it in.  The other reason we elected to trade is that IF, for whatever reason, the boat isn't delivered by spring 2020 when we're ready to use it, we still have the VLX.

Edited by Slayer
  • Like 4

Congrats, @Slayer!! Will be a great looking boat!  Is that Nassau blue hull?  Hard to tell in the angles of the boat builder.  What is the top stitching?  I saw that as an option but do not believe it was selected on ours.