Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 23 LSV Order

Slayer

15 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Glad your wife likes the more economical choices like mine....  

Here is number two in the flesh: https://www.lakenormanmarina.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=9363199&p=1&make=malibu boats&s=Year&d=D&t=new&fr=xnewinventory

I personally don't like the stepped look.  Just me.  I really like 2, 3 & 6.

Yeah.....I saw #2 on LKN site.  It's a sexy beast for sure.  I really like #6 and have a thing for black boats.  Our response LXI is black, red, and white and looks just like @asnowman RLXi.  Our current 22 VLX is also mostly black as well.  My order of preferences, of those I posted is 1, 2, 6.

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

Yeah.....I saw #2 on LKN site.  It's a sexy beast for sure.  I really like #6 and have a thing for black boats.  Our response LXI is black, red, and white and looks just like @asnowman RLXi.  Our current 22 VLX is also mostly black as well.  My order of preferences, of those I posted is 1, 2, 6.

I vote #1

The flake really is cool in the sun, pictures really dont do it justice.  Whichever route you go, avoid white as the main color on the seats, its BRUTAL to keep clean.... those pine trees on our waterfront are now the stuff out of nightmares.

We have 2 black boats now, and for the 25, i wish it was not all black.  It does look amazing, but it also shows every imperfection, and is a ton of work to keep looking new.  When we order one in a year or two, it will probably look like what @bcoppess23 ordered.

• Like 3
On 9/16/2020 at 6:58 AM, Ronnie said:

I had the flip platform on my ‘19. Didn’t on my ‘20. Will have it on my ‘21. Small kids and older folks love it. My wife really wanted it again and she has no trouble getting in the boat. 

My wife loves it so she can sit and go pee :-O

On 9/16/2020 at 6:58 AM, Ronnie said:

I had the flip platform on my ‘19. Didn’t on my ‘20. Will have it on my ‘21. Small kids and older folks love it. My wife really wanted it again and she has no trouble getting in the boat. 

Fascinating. I didn't realize that people can/do flip their boats every season. I was wondering when the threshold to get the most value out of your boat is, but I didn't think it would be on a yearly basis!

We got a really good deal on our 22LSV at EOY 2019, so we can sell it for more than we bought it for, but I don't know how often I could/should depend on that. 

8 minutes ago, BarliBear said:

Fascinating. I didn't realize that people can/do flip their boats every season. I was wondering when the threshold to get the most value out of your boat is, but I didn't think it would be on a yearly basis!

It's popular for brands especially if they advertise a good resale value. Some dealers even offer a 10% trade-in loss year over year; in some ways like leasing a boat!

21 hours ago, bcoppess23 said:

Here is the option we went with for ours!

D013DA48-5881-4935-BFDB-C2B29D926622.jpeg

F4651EEB-29AA-4D6E-8A8F-941911D8F144.jpeg

Your boat looks fantastic!  My better half is not a fan of white on a boat.  She has her opinions on that, so there will likely be no white on the hull for us. 

@asnowmanI totally understand your points on the black boat.  I too like #1 quite a bit and it would really pop in the sun, no question.  I'm just not sure I want to pay the premium for all flake and deal with the occasional scratch that it's going to get at some point.   Flake is so much more difficult to deal with should you have an issue with scratches.  Solid color gel is much more forgiving. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Your boat looks fantastic!  My better half is not a fan of white on a boat.  She has her opinions on that, so there will likely be no white on the hull for us. 

@asnowmanI totally understand your points on the black boat.  I too like #1 quite a bit and it would really pop in the sun, no question.  I'm just not sure I want to pay the premium for all flake and deal with the occasional scratch that it's going to get at some point.   Flake is so much more difficult to deal with should you have an issue with scratches.  Solid color gel is much more forgiving. 

It really does, thats actually what my kids call it, "sparkles"

So far we haven't had any issues.... so far

On 9/15/2020 at 7:28 PM, tjklein said:

Not one time have I ever thought I needed a swim step. I get that some do, but it's by no means a must have option.

You really don't need it til you have it. sometimes after a really long set I will use it. Because I have it, not because I need it.

And the heated seat gets turned on as much if not more than the heater. I will never have another boat without it.

Been on 2 boats that have it. I don't need and frankly I dislike the hinge design and think it junks up the rear.  I understand some like it and that's totally fine. It's just my personal preference.

It's funny we all complain about boats prices and the next thing you know it's loaded up with accessories that didn't exist 5 years ago.  Malibu is SUPER smart to keep coming up with items like dog dishes and adding phone holders all over the boat. At a certain point many buyers just say, "well, it's not that much more". Good business strategy and one pulled straight from the luxury vehicle playbook.

8 hours ago, Brandonloos21 said:

Does anyone have any pics of the 21 23lsv bimini options?!?

The first (slider) is changed up slightly and is the CS brand. The other is the Great Lakes. We went with the Great Lakes. 

B8CA4A41-E7E5-4D9B-9148-E4AD65523239.jpeg

B4DA93E0-FCB0-49B8-BE76-552F35C9212F.jpeg

03A0A8C0-5272-4769-9871-67D519AD2B0D.jpeg

97D0C8BB-5074-4EBC-8AF2-98E1867C0000.jpeg

8E0F3E9B-7BEC-4EB1-8C8B-49082511EDB3.jpeg

6FD2B8F7-8855-4B85-BEB4-092EF0862C32.jpeg

Great Lakes is a little quicker to deploy since it just flips over and snaps into place. The CS Slider can be a little bit cumbersome to slide, and then you've got to put the side poles into the holder. Not that hard, but that's the biggest difference in usage.

I've preferred CS's board storage over the GL. I just don't like the way the GL straps are situated. The CS cover seems like it holds them a bit more sturdy.

The CS obviously looks much cleaner if you choose to not deploy it.

Overall, I prefer CS over GL.

Edited by boardjnky4
1 hour ago, boardjnky4 said:

Great Lakes is a little quicker to deploy since it just flips over and snaps into place. The CS Slider can be a little bit cumbersome to slide, and then you've got to put the side poles into the holder. Not that hard, but that's the biggest difference in usage.

I've preferred CS's board storage over the GL. I just don't like the way the GL straps are situated. The CS cover seems like it holds them a bit more sturdy.

The CS obviously looks much cleaner if you choose to not deploy it.

Overall, I prefer CS over GL.

Agreed.  I have a CS on my '17 22VLX.  That's the reason I asked.  My CS is cumbersome at times, but it's usually deployed all the time even when it's on the boat hoist.  It's so much easier to do that and keep the boards up there than to take it down every time.  

Thanks for the response.  I have no experience with the GL. 

Edited by Slayer

Just a trivial side note.  If you do quad clamping racks, then you have to lift the bimini up a tad in the rear (couple inches) to swing the racks in.  At least on my '16 22LSV and '19 25LSV.  I have to do that whenever I leave and enter my lift due to the cables.  Usually we leave the top racks pointing straight back and the bimini deployed.  But for longer bouts on the water or bigger crews when we bring more toys we start using those racks, and it's another task with the CS bimini to pop the support arms out of place and lift up on the bimini a bit to clear the fork tines.  With a bit of practice and well judged fist bump they pop in and out easy.  But I'd love for an easier way if there was one that anyone could do without practicing first.

2 hours ago, Slayer said:

@bcoppess23 what was the deciding factor on the Great Lakes over the CS?  I'm curious as the pics make me think trailering with the GL could be problematic.  

I had the GL on my VLX and the GL boat cover.  I personally like the fabric better on the GL than CS.  They redesigned the CS slider this year and supposedly made it easier to slide.  I agree with @boardjnky4 that the CS is much cleaner stowed.  I do a lot of trailering from one lake to the next and it is likely a mistake going with the GL.  But, having the ability to unzip the canvas and stow inside the boat, makes both easy options.  Time will tell.

Ok.... didn't read all the posts. A 2020 23 LSV with M6 and Standard prop here. Didn't think I needed a Torque prop with the M6. It doesn't need it in my relatively inexperienced opinion. Not sure Id go with a speed prop but the standard works fine with 6-7 average size folks in the boat. I have the cruise set to 10.8 mph for surfing and depending on the number of people and always run full ballast rpms are 3500-3600. Maybe 3700 if bigger folks. Great wave, not torque prop.

The engine purrs at 3400-3500. I usually run when cruising at 3460-3490.... a tick under 3500..... just because. Gives me 24-25 mph with my wife and I, no ballast if smooth water.

I love the swim deck step. Also love the fold down rear seats/steps. For our older relatives that step makes it much easier for ingress/exit.

Blue lights are a must for night cruising...........    non-boat folks love them.

The top.... I didn't think we'd use it..... I was wrong. (is it called a bimini?).... use the foldup top all the time for shade.

We LOVE the boat. Wouldn't ever go less than the M6.... Next LSV I'll probably spring for the 550 hp..... just because.....  well really.... I hate it when the bass boys blow by me...... sorry racin' in the blood. I think the 550 hp will allow me to run a speed prop and surf at the same rpms. (maybe surprise a few bass boats)  Geez I hate getting passed. Gotta grow up..... racin' in the blood

At 50 hrs our impeller crapped. apparently will be a recall fix for a new circ pump over the winter. Middle tank full pump crapped out. no big deal... warranty. I installed a WiFi node at our dock so I could update the LSV's software on the lift. Done that once.... too cool to update the software while sitting on the water. BTW... that took much longer than I expected. Better part of 20-25 minutes. I was afraid something was stuck.... nope.... just big program apparently.

Anyway.... too late for your order maybe..... but M6 I think is good with the Standard pitch prop and much nicer when you're just sight seeing.  Cheers.... Love the boat. Haven't seen another boat nicer than ours.  Cheers

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2020 at 5:00 PM, Outlaw said:

Ok.... didn't read all the posts. A 2020 23 LSV with M6 and Standard prop here. Didn't think I needed a Torque prop with the M6. It doesn't need it in my relatively inexperienced opinion. Not sure Id go with a speed prop but the standard works fine with 6-7 average size folks in the boat. I have the cruise set to 10.8 mph for surfing and depending on the number of people and always run full ballast rpms are 3500-3600. Maybe 3700 if bigger folks. Great wave, not torque prop.

The engine purrs at 3400-3500. I usually run when cruising at 3460-3490.... a tick under 3500..... just because. Gives me 24-25 mph with my wife and I, no ballast if smooth water.

I love the swim deck step. Also love the fold down rear seats/steps. For our older relatives that step makes it much easier for ingress/exit.

Blue lights are a must for night cruising...........    non-boat folks love them.

The top.... I didn't think we'd use it..... I was wrong. (is it called a bimini?).... use the foldup top all the time for shade.

We LOVE the boat. Wouldn't ever go less than the M6.... Next LSV I'll probably spring for the 550 hp..... just because.....  well really.... I hate it when the bass boys blow by me...... sorry racin' in the blood. I think the 550 hp will allow me to run a speed prop and surf at the same rpms. (maybe surprise a few bass boats)  Geez I hate getting passed. Gotta grow up..... racin' in the blood

At 50 hrs our impeller crapped. apparently will be a recall fix for a new circ pump over the winter. Middle tank full pump crapped out. no big deal... warranty. I installed a WiFi node at our dock so I could update the LSV's software on the lift. Done that once.... too cool to update the software while sitting on the water. BTW... that took much longer than I expected. Better part of 20-25 minutes. I was afraid something was stuck.... nope.... just big program apparently.

Anyway.... too late for your order maybe..... but M6 I think is good with the Standard pitch prop and much nicer when you're just sight seeing.  Cheers.... Love the boat. Haven't seen another boat nicer than ours.  Cheers

Awesome!! Have any pictures?

34 minutes ago, Brandonloos21 said:

Awesome!! Have any pictures?

Well.... I just realized I’ve never inserted images on this forum. Gotta figure that out. Images on my iPad not uRL.

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Well.... I just realized I’ve never inserted images on this forum. Gotta figure that out. Images on my iPad not uRL.

What colors did ya go with! I’m really interested. We’re about to order ours!