Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MAP sensor high 8.1l

Hey guys I’m hoping to get some help. I have a 2008 247 with the 8.1l. Yesterday while surfing the engine wouldn’t hold speed and we got an active code which says “map sensor spn 106 data valid but above normal range FMI 16” I looked this code up and the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) is too high. I think what is happening is there is too much fuel to the engine. Could this be as easy as replacing the MAP sensor? This came up about 10hrs ago as well but the driver had accidentally pulled throttle back too quick and killed the engine. We didn’t notice any performance issues and everything seemed to be working great. this time it happened while driving with now sudden throttle changes and the engine not running smooth. Doesn’t seem like it’s missing. Let me know if anyone has had this issue or not.

Edited by CTS

It could be the MAP sensor.  It could also be that the MAP sensor has gunk in it, so I would recommend a thorough cleaning of the throttle body before you replace any parts.

Either way, running rich is not good for the cats, so it is best to fix it before you run it under heavy load again.

If the ECM sees an out of range MAP reading, it will use a default setting which will be rich and retarded. The most important sensor on the engine.

Edited by electricjohn