Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Woodski

6.2 TXI - Regina Malibu Open Comment

Woodski

Regina Jaquess commented on the 6.2L powering the TXI she skied (victoriously, I might add) behind as having a great wake due to lots of power / torque.  I interpreted the comment as allowing Malibu to run the engine slower and she might have indicated as such. 

Looking at the AWSA allowable configurations, the TXI only is approved with either the Acme 525 or 515 or the OJ 330 with a 1:1 transmission for both engine options.  Any of those options would not allow the engine to spin any slower thus I am curious to understand what the comment relates to.  Anybody have any insight?

And of course, congrats to her on another remarkable performance.  (and if you have not seen her 39 1/2 video on You Tube from another tournament, watch it, simply unbelievable). 

obski

I don't have anything to add regarding the engine/prop.  Regina was awesome.

During the awards ceremony she was presented with a special award - one of the bulrushes from the lake edge.  During the jump competition she got a little wide in her approach and caught a ski in the bulrushes, causing her to have a spectacular wipe out.  She, and everyone else, got a good laugh at the special award.  Pretty funny.

ahopkinsVTX

I have no idea if this is true or not but Thomas said during the girls under 17 finals that the hull was tweaked for the new motors. Could be what Regina was referencing. Or she was just commenting on how good the wakes already are and there is finally a boat with enough power to support her pull from the finish of the turn and centerline ;)

Woodski

Would be interesting to know what the hull tweak was.  Hopefully that gives the TXI a boost to the slalom market.

rakr
On 9/15/2020 at 9:59 AM, Woodski said:

(and if you have not seen her 39 1/2 video on You Tube from another tournament, watch it, simply unbelievable). 

It looked like her ski was about to point “outside” the course on 3... the speed she got back into position was silly... 

UWSkier

I know both she and Will commented on the 6.2L engine giving them crazy width.  Could always DM Chad over on BOS and ask if there were any hull tweaks on the 2020.

I'm slowly starting to come around on the looks of the TXI.  It's still nowhere nearly as good looking as the old ones, but it feels like we're starting to see more of them with non-barftastic patterns.  Couple of the 'bu Open boats were actually pretty sharp.

Sixer
1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

I know both she and Will commented on the 6.2L engine giving them crazy width.  Could always DM Chad over on BOS and ask if there were any hull tweaks on the 2020.

I'm slowly starting to come around on the looks of the TXI.  It's still nowhere nearly as good looking as the old ones, but it feels like we're starting to see more of them with non-barftastic patterns.  Couple of the 'bu Open boats were actually pretty sharp.

I'm typically not a teal/turquoise guy but this really caught my eye today.  It does have the M6 as well........https://www.onlyinboards.com/2020-Malibu-TXi-MO-Edition-with-M6Di-engine-for-sale-St-Louis-Missouri-116210.aspx

Edited by Sixer

braindamage

I still think they are ugly. I hope their next redesign is better...

ahopkinsVTX
1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

Just like any boy, gotta kick the right combo of colors in the panels. I like the aggressive lines of the boat but colors have to be chosen wisely. The black and blue one was very nice. 

Sixer
11 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Sorry man, but :vomit:

Ha!  Not saying I'd ever pull the trigger on it, I just thought the all white was sharp and the teal wasn't over-done like on some of the other boats.

Woodski

Add some 'strawberry' and grey, don your day-glow green/yellow wet suit and pretend to be back in the 90's  :lol:

@UWSkier - good tip to get Chad's feedback, thx.  Also, interesting to hear that skiers like the power level when for years after intro of ZO, power was the nemesis for good scores!

For those that aren't familiar, Chad is one of the best slalom drivers, great Malibu representative and has a pretty interesting career.