Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

EZ Slides for bunk trailers

Baz787

Municipality dropped the level in my lake this week so launching was a real pain - couldn't get the boat into the water enough and ended up having to tie the stern around a tree and drive forwards to get the boat to hang off the back a couple of feet - sketchy to say the least.

My buddy think we should install some plastic / teflon slider pads on the bunk carpet to make life easier.  Anyone got experience of these?  I'm concerned they might be for lighter boats than ours (Axis A20).

Screenshot 2020-09-13 182357.jpg

14 minutes ago, Baz787 said:

ended up having to tie the stern around a tree and drive forwards to get the boat to hang off the back a couple of feet - sketchy to say the least.

Yikes!  You might want to consider a hitch extension.  Like https://www.harpoon62.com/trailer-coupler-extension/

20181109-001.jpg?resize=748,637&ssl=1

Another idea...  https://extendahitch.net/

Edited by Eagleboy99
Answering my own question...

That's great thanks - didn't know they existed.  Main problem though is the angle and depth of the slip way when the water is in the lake is low means the bottom of the trailer touches ground and can't go any deeper..  Ordered some bunk spray and will see if that helps.. Cheers

Edited by Baz787
13 hours ago, Baz787 said:

That's great thanks - didn't know they existed.  Main problem though is the angle and depth of the slip way when the water is in the lake is low means the bottom of the trailer touches ground and can't go any deeper..  Ordered some bunk spray and will see if that helps.. Cheers

My launch is shallow also and does not drop much at all from the beginning of the ramp.  I use the bunk spray and it helps out.  Helps getting the boat back on the trailer when I pull my boat out of the water each year.  Since my ramp is not steep at all, I have never had to worry about the boat prematurely sliding off the trailer because of the bunk spray.  I could see it being an issue though on steep ramps.