Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boosting your PnP draining...

Slurpee

Has anyone ever put a booster aerator pump between your PnP bags and the hard tanks to get them to drain faster?

I have totally isolated the PnP bags in the past with separate reversible pumps and it works great. But wow it’s pricey and time consuming.

I was thinking today while draining that maybe some cheap in line pumps to encourage those bags to drain into the tanks faster might be in order. Plus a bit more pressure pushing the water out. Kind of a push pull configuration for the bulk of the volume. Easy and relatively cheap. Seems like an obvious idea. Maybe not a good one. I don’t know.  

It just makes me chuckle that I get to 0% and the water ejecting becomes a trickle (and I stop it) only to be back at 25%’ish 5 minutes of cruising home later. It’s literally like waiting for a bathtub to drain. :p

10 hours ago, Slurpee said:

Has anyone ever put a booster aerator pump between your PnP bags and the hard tanks to get them to drain faster?

I have totally isolated the PnP bags in the past with separate reversible pumps and it works great. But wow it’s pricey and time consuming.

I was thinking today while draining that maybe some cheap in line pumps to encourage those bags to drain into the tanks faster might be in order. Plus a bit more pressure pushing the water out. Kind of a push pull configuration for the bulk of the volume. Easy and relatively cheap. Seems like an obvious idea. Maybe not a good one. I don’t know.  

It just makes me chuckle that I get to 0% and the water ejecting becomes a trickle (and I stop it) only to be back at 25%’ish 5 minutes of cruising home later. It’s literally like waiting for a bathtub to drain. :p

Drains a lot faster when one of the quick connect hoses comes loose. Right to the bilge but that secondary pump (Bilge) is Slooooow. Just experienced it yesterday. Bilge got a good washing.

1 hour ago, dalt1 said:

Drains a lot faster when one of the quick connect hoses comes loose. Right to the bilge but that secondary pump (Bilge) is Slooooow. Just experienced it yesterday. Bilge got a good washing.

Doh! I like the creativity, but I’ll pass on that method!