Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G5 Tower folded pics?

djheywood

Anyone have a picture of a G5 tower folded all the way down?  Wondering if it sits as low as the GX or if it still significantly site above the top of the windshield.  

thanks

• 11 months later...
On 9/12/2020 at 5:09 PM, djheywood said:

Anyone have a picture of a G5 tower folded all the way down?  Wondering if it sits as low as the GX or if it still significantly site above the top of the windshield.  

thanks

Did you ever find a photo? I'm wondering if the hoop comes off, and how the bimini gets stored. 

9 hours ago, SurfinLSV2021 said:

Did you ever find a photo? I'm wondering if the hoop comes off, and how the bimini gets stored. 

I'm on vacation at the moment but can take one mid next week when I get home. 

• Like 1

Hi we have a 2021 23 LSV with the tower folded the highest point is the lower board racks, we have 4 bungie racks and it’s lower with them folded in. It scrapes in a 2.4m garage (7’10.5” I think) it’s a Australian easytow trailer, so I’m not sure if that adds or reduces hight? Clamping racks will be higher and no racks will be lower again. Hope this helps.

4918BB83-7AE0-42F8-950F-06AD1731F522.jpeg

• Like 2

Some more pics, we have the Bimini pushed as far forward as it will go as it’s weight holds the tower down that little bit more.

7D4D4AEC-1987-4AB9-BF56-32FC869E66E1.jpeg

CC8F0D91-80B3-4DB7-9ADC-33521270C55B.jpeg

Edited by 04 VLX WINDERMERE UK
  • Like 3

Just to compare with the Gx on a 23LSV.  The high point (with the racks removed... and they come off very easy on the Gx) is pretty much the windshield + an inch or two.  

Capture.thumb.JPG.310232bc0d964136fb7bf7f49b732222.JPG

• Like 1
On 8/20/2021 at 8:46 AM, gregtay said:

Just to compare with the Gx on a 23LSV.  The high point (with the racks removed... and they come off very easy on the Gx) is pretty much the windshield + an inch or two.  

Capture.thumb.JPG.310232bc0d964136fb7bf7f49b732222.JPG

Dang it! I've been folding mine down wrong. OK I just discovered the pivot pins. I sure feel stupid. Now tell me about the racks. Is there a quick release or do you unbolt them? 

5 hours ago, TwoMargaritasPlease said:

Dang it! I've been folding mine down wrong. OK I just discovered the pivot pins. I sure feel stupid. Now tell me about the racks. Is there a quick release or do you unbolt them? 

No quick release.  Just remove the one hex bolt and lift off.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...