Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WakeJak should be a millionaire?

Bradley Thornton

Would you buy a WakeJak/have and love it.  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy one

• Would Buy a WakeJak
    • Have one and Love it would buy a spare just because I can't live without it.
    • Had Didn't like it. Name aren't public
    • Have no idea what it is but interested
    • Not interested

@malibudog should be stupid rich. I'm just saying I will hate the day my WakeJak fails. So many people have tried to buy it from me. I would buy an extra today if I could. Its just crazy everyone with a boat doesn't/didn't want one.  

I tell people all the time I'll never understand how that idea didn't get huge.

To be fair I have a few complaints with it. But they are small I still love it. Maybe a new 2.0 version would help others like it also.  

Edited by Bradley Thornton
25 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

I'd vote but none of the answers apply to me.  How about a "Knew about it, not interested" choice?  

I agree.  I've seen it before - is getting your rope in the racks really a common problem?  Seems like a turnaround technique issue.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Michigan boarder said:

The only time I have an issue with the rope is when occupants start messing with the rope to "help" me.

This.  Any time new people are on the boat I need to remind them to leave the rope alone.  We do not want or need their help.

38 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

I agree.  I've seen it before - is getting your rope in the racks really a common problem?  Seems like a turnaround technique issue.

Depends on the length of the boat.  I have never had an issue with our 22' boats nor the 23'ers I drive regularly but this past weekend I was on a buddies 21VLX and we were teaching kids to wakeboard and the rope got hung up on the racks every single time I turned.  I would purposely spin wider than usual to pickup the rider and still no luck.  It was frustrating as hell.  

7 minutes ago, wedge88 said:

Depends on the length of the boat.  I have never had an issue with our 22' boats nor the 23'ers I drive regularly but this past weekend I was on a buddies 21VLX and we were teaching kids to wakeboard and the rope got hung up on the racks every single time I turned.  I would purposely spin wider than usual to pickup the rider and still no luck.  It was frustrating as hell.  

Mine is a 20ft, with the short hoop.   Once you learn your boat it is no big deal.  Driving unfamiliar boats always requires learning a bunch of new things about that boat.  If you think boards in the rack are bad - we typically have one or 2 67" skis in one rack.

Edited by oldjeep
  • Like 1

Only time the rope is an issue is if there are no boards in the racks, but an experienced driver/wakeboarder can keep the rope out of harms way. I guess it would be nice if the rope didn't rub on my bimini extension but it only happens at idle

Sorry I'll take the link down it works for me I have a MAC. This is what it says.

BTW I didn't write this.

I have to admit that when this bad boy showed up in the mail I was a bit hesitant to rig it up and take it for a spin. To me it seemed a bit like putting a bug guard on the front of a new Porsche, but regardless I proceeded and was impressed with the results. It’s SUPER easy to assemble and does a great job keeping the rope clear of the racks or whatever else it may get hooked on. It basically hangs out past the tower about 8 feet and connects to the rope with a small piece of velcro. The design is very simple and clean so there is little room for error. It’s on a smooth swivel so it follows the rope as you edge from left to right. As a rider you have no idea it’s even there, but as a driver / passenger in the boat it eliminates the hastle of constantly getting up to free the rope off the racks and tower speakers.

I never really realized what a pain it was to have to get up and unhook the rope from the board racks (usually because I demand someone else does it since I’m the driver), but it really does make the towing experience much more relaxing. Now the passenger can chill and I don’t have to constantly be barking orders. All they need to do now is figure out how to make it double as a fishing outrigger and pro wakeboarders around the globe will be hooked! Check out Wake Jak for more info.

IMG_1631-640x478.jpg

IMG_1633-640x478.jpg

IMG_1635-640x478.jpg

Few more pics to show what it does. 

I get what y'all are saying. To me its just nice. I never even think about the rope. People sitting in the back don't get hit in the head. When we are just riding we leave the rope connected because it just isn't in the way at all.

wakejak1reduced.jpg

wakejak2reduced.jpg

3 hours ago, bbattiste247 said:

It looks like it would keep the rope from fraying the top of the bimini as well.

If fraying the bimini is an issue, you can:
- Have a vinyl piece sewn into it for abrasion protection
- Go the super cheap and easy route - cut a pool noodle to a couple of feet in length.  Run the rope through it.  Then the pool noodle sits on the bimini and keeps the rope from damaging it